This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Cue the nostalgia, because I am throwing it way back and ranking the best Disney Channel original movies from our youth! Make some popcorn and spend the rest of your day digging through the Internet trying to find a link to them (no judgment here).

10. Phantom of the Megaplex

To be perfectly honest, I only put this on the list because I had a huge crush on Taylor Handley, the actor who played Pete. #dreamy

9. Halloweentown

This was non-negotiable. The town looked so fun to live in, and everyone I knew wanted to visit it. Not to mention, Marnie had the coolest grandma ever.

8. High School Musical

Snaps to Disney for breaking traditional gender roles and depicting Troy Bolton as not just a star basketball player, but also an amazing performer!

7. Brink!

I really liked this movie because I didn’t know anyone who was really into in-line skating, and it’s always fun to learn about new things. If the main character looks familiar, it’s because he also played the mega tool, Josh Bryant, in The Princess Diaries.

6. Smart House

The song “Jump Jump the House is Jumpin” became an instant classic, plus who didn’t want to live in a smart house after watching it?!

5. Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century

The outfits were so on point for space, and scoring an invite to Proto Zoa’s space concert would have been on my bucket list for sure.

4. The Color of Friendship

This movie was set in the 70’s and offered a really great way for Disney to educate their young viewers on the deep history of race relations both in our country and abroad.

3. Johnny Tsunami

I loved how this movie split its time between the sunny beaches of Hawaii and the beautiful slopes of Vermont. The main character’s experiences as a new kid were very authentic and relatable.

2. The Thirteenth Year

Anything with mermaids (I guess in this case I should say mermen) is already epic. The plot had the perfect Disney combination of something magical happening, the struggle for peer approval, and of course a little romance.

1. Rip Girls

This is without a doubt the best Disney Channel original movie. The Hawaiian set was breathtaking, and the main character was sassy, sweet, and smart all rolled into one. The movie left you feeling good, but also dying for a tropical vacation. This movie also jump-started Camilla Belle’s movie career. Rip Girls will always hold a special place in my heart.

This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!