Things You Can Make with a Waffle Iron

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

As a college student short on time, money, and resources, cooking at home is often the last thing on your mind. But what if you had a machine that could make that task about a thousand times easier? Introducing the waffle iron: capable of creating savory and sweet dishes to please any college student palate! 

Scrambled Eggs

Just pour your egg mixture with any seasoning you desire to create a scrambled eggs meal without the scrambling! 

Waffle Crust Pizza

You can make homemade pizza with dough and your own choices of toppings, or you can use leftover pizza to create a waffled pizza pocket!

Cake Batter Waffles 

Use either your homemade recipe or a box mix and voila! No cutting necessary.              

Panini

Give your sandwiches an extra crisp! 

Mac and Cheese

Bake your cheesy pasta on both sides, resulting in gooey goodness oozing inside a crispy outside. 

Cinnamon Rolls

Pop some premade rolls into the iron and a few minutes later, you have some delicious waffled desserts ready to munch on. 

Enya Meng is a junior at UC Davis studying Clinical Nutrition with a minor in English. She aspires to become a registered dietitian working with patients with eating disorders. Her favorite things to do include reading, writing short stories, and experimenting with new recipes.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!