Big 3 Astrology?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Big 3 Astrology?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

The Best and Worst Qualities of Air Signs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Light, refreshing, and soothing, the ubiquitous element of air can rejuvenate individuals on multiple levels. However, it is the same air that when too disorganized, can result in windstorm-level destruction. All air signs possess enlivening intellect and creativity, but let’s dive deeper into the best and worst qualities of each one.

1. Gemini

Those born under this Mercurian sign are quick-witted, great problem-solvers, and VERY SOCIAL! Geminis are excellent at engaging in smooth discussions, regardless of a person’s background, personality, and beliefs. Rarely do you hear of Geminis with small friend groups, as their dynamic communication, adaptable minds, and casual nature can make anyone enjoy their company. Additionally, Geminis’ thirst for novelty can make them very multi-talented, versatile people. 

Unfortunately, as soon as a task becomes difficult and/or boring, Geminis are quick to drop it and move on to something new. While this can make them a jack-of-all-trades, it may be difficult to find mastery or meaning in an endeavor if they only experience the surface level. Similarly, because Geminis like to keep things casual and playful, this can make long-term relationships seem like a chore, especially during times of strife and struggle. However, if Geminis learn to harness their creativity, open minds, and surge of ideas toward extenuating problems, there is no reason why they cannot triumph and move forward.

2. Libra

Their symbol of the scales sheds light on Libra’s balanced, diplomatic energy. In an almost effortless way, they can make a person feel like the most important one in their eyes. It could be the traits derived from their ruler, Venus, but Libras can exude a flirty, charming, and gentle vibe without trying. Their excellence in weighing out the pros and cons of any situation, without immediately hopping to one extreme, makes them the most level-headed people to go to if obstacles arise….

Screen Shot 2021 11 22 at 35201 PM
Amazon.com

As long as those problems don’t force the Libra to take a side. As we all may have heard before, Libra’s need to fully assess all perspectives of a situation can deter them from making quick decisions, and sometimes, even providing unbridled support. Libra’s non-controversial nature is admirable, but it doesn’t help when you’re venting about a Karen at Starbucks and they’re like, “Well…she did ask for exactly 3.23 pumps of hazelnut.” When it comes to picking sides, it all rests on prioritizing what will improve the situation. Once Libras block out the infinite perspectives of good and bad and focus on finding a good resolution, this can make it seamless for them to utilize their cardinal energy, make a firm choice, and learn to live happily with it!

3. Aquarius

While all air signs give off a casual, detached vibe, Aquarius have fixed modality which makes them somewhat more rooted in their beliefs, more attuned to their likes and dislikes, and maintain an overall constant disposition. Their intellect, paired with their strong sense of independence and progressiveness, makes them skilled at leading activist movements and positively changing masses at a time.

They may care about progressing society, but honey boo, they don’t care that you’re crying over your 3rd-grade trauma. Jk jk…but not really when I say Aquarius are heavily dissociated from their emotions. It’s not necessarily that they don’t care for others’ feelings, it is more that they don’t give high importance to emotions when going about their lives. This can be fitting when performing objective procedures and making objective decisions, but when it comes to comforting other people, no one can achieve emotional connection without being connected to their own. Aquarius can make great leaders, but to move the masses, it starts with moving their hearts. Once Aquarius learn to appreciate their emotions as much as their influential ideas, it can blend to make them compassionate, revolutionary people.

Air signs, like any other element, come with their bags of good and meh qualities. While astrology is not 100% reliable, it can serve to make us more whole, evolved, and well-rounded individuals if we all learn to strike a good balance between air signs open minds, adaptable nature, detachment, and superficiality. 

Gayathri is a third-year Biotechnology major and director of the UCD Her Campus Digital Media team. She loves to write, work out, sing, and sleep (college students need more of that nowadays). When not indulging in her boba addiction, she likes to wind down by watching hilarious Youtube vids with a hot cup of tea.