Terrible Spring Break Movies We Still Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Spring break is quickly approaching (yay!) and while our spring break fantasies consist of us lying on a beach somewhere on a deserted island, chances are, most of us will be at home watching Netflix. But that’s nothing to be upset about! We could all use a little relaxation. If you’re still trying to catch a little bit of that MTV Spring Break fever, try a spring break themed movie marathon. Here is a list of the absolute worst spring break movies that you somehow are going to want to watch again and again. These five movies might even have you silently thanking yourself for not going on spring break.

1. She’s All That (1999 – Netflix and Amazon streaming) While this moving might be cheating a bit, seeing as the whole thing doesn’t take place during spring break, its classic popular high school boy (Freddie Prinze Jr.) determined to makeover the most unpopular girl at school (Rachael Leigh Cook) plot line will have you thankful you left high school behind.

2. From Justin To Kelly (2003 – rent on Amazon, iTunes, or Google Play) What happens when American Idol stars Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini meet on Spring Break (no, really: this movie does exist)? You’ll just have to watch to find out.

3. The Real Cancun (2003 – rent the DVD from Netflix or buy it from Amazon) Remember The Real World? This The Real World inspired spring break movie is just as promising. Watch as love, lust, and some bad decisions are acted on, as a few college students take Cancun for their spring break.

4. Spring Breakdown (2009 – rent on Google Play or iTunes) Adult women Gayle (Amy Poehler), Becky (Parker Posey), and Judi (Rachel Dratch) find themselves vacationing at the hottest spring break spot.

5. Spring Breakers (2012 – rent on Google Play or iTunes) If you haven’t seen this ridiculous movie featuring everything from Disney Channel stars (Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez) in bikinis, a famous rapper (James Franco) wearing grills, and a lot of gun violence on the beach, you’re in for a really… interesting time.

This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!