courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Year, Let’s Make the Most of It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

And we are back! The 2019-2020 school year has officially started, and we are already in the full swing of homework, midterms, and socializing with friends. This year has so much potential for new beginnings and opportunities to seize. 

As a senior, it all seems so surreal to me. How has my time here at Davis gone by so fast?

It feels like yesterday my parents were moving me into my dorm. I was scared that I was not going to be able to replicate the same strong friendships as those from high school. Fast-forward to today, and I now live with my best friends who know me to my core, and have become my second family.

Starting my senior year has inspired me to reflect on my time at Davis. I am thankful for all the individual growth my past three years at Davis fostered. I never imagined college would be this fun, rewarding, and experiential. However, I am already feeling the bittersweet twist inevitably included in this year. 

This is a year of constant ‘lasts’. I had my last first day of school, my last sorority recruitment, my last birthday celebration with my college friends, and so many more to come. These ‘lasts’ are making me sad to leave college even with nine months until graduation. 

This is the point when I need to change my attitude and stop moping about my college career ending. I am ready to make the most of the time left in my senior year, while I’m still constantly surrounded by my best friends. 

Every chance I get to spend quality time with my friends, I want to take advantage of it. These memories will be ones I think about fondly when I’m forty and have kids. Not to mention, some things are only acceptable to do in college. This is the last year before I have to start being a responsible adult and focusing on my career. So seniors, if you’re in my position, let’s have fun this year and blame it on being dumb college kids. 

I understand that I’m lucky to feel so bittersweet about my senior year. Not everyone loves college, and I’m blessed that my experience has been so fruitful. This year is going to be the best yet, and I can’t wait to see what comes my way before graduation. We only have four years in college, so why not make the most of it while we can?

Courtney is a senior at the University of California Davis where she is earning her degree in Communication, with minor in English. Courtney is a member of Alpha Delta Pi and is from Santa Barbara, CA. She is an avid reader, Netflix and Hulu watcher, beauty enthusiast, and is a big foodie!
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!