This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

I have lived with extremely temperamental and sensitive skin for about the past ten years. I have gone through countless products, searching for something that will keep my skin happy. Accutane didn’t work, and I’m allergic to most brands under the sun. Most of the time when I try a new product, I end up breaking-out all over again and must continue the search.

After many frustrating years of trial and error, I present to you this list. These are my holy-grail products that I would recommend to anyone with super sensitive skin. Please be warned that these are what have worked for me and I’m about as far from a professional as they come. Also, these are all drug store products because I’m a broke college kid and what do you expect?

NIGHT:

1. Burt’s Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream

Image source: Target.com

BURT. MY MAN. I could sing his praises all day. But seriously, Burt’s Bees is my most trusted brand for any skin-care products. I have yet to find a product of theirs that I don’t like, but this is my long-term favorite. I use this nightly. It does the job of removing makeup and oil without drying out my skin. Also, it’s slightly tingly and leaves skin super soft. Burt. I love you. HMU.

2. Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Cleansing Pads

Image source: Aveeno.com

Dermatologists always recommend products with salicylic acid for a reason. It gently, chemically exfoliates your skin over the course of time. These pads also include soy extract which has been helpful for my skin. Overall, they help improve texture and fight to prevent future breakouts.

3. CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion

Image source: MakeupAlley.com

This is the longest running product I have on this list. It’s a non-oily formula that is still heavy-duty enough to be a night-time moisturizer. During the winter, I use it as my day-time moisturizer as well. It’s never caused me any problems and is damn good at its job.

DAY:

1. Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 Unscented

Image source: Target.com

The week I started using this, I had people stop me on the street to ask me what products I used on my skin. Not even kidding. Cetaphil is hydrating, super lightweight, and gives a dewy finish ─ I love it. It also really helped improve the texture of my skin. Be warned though, this is only for incidental sun exposure. If you are planning on spending the day outside, choose something with a higher SPF.

2. Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10

Image source: MakeupAlley.com

This is my go-to spot treatment. It contains 10% benzoyl peroxide, which is the maximum strength allowed in over the counter products by the FDA. Use it sparingly and it works like a charm.

Hi! I'm Katie Weaver, I'm a third year International Relations Major. My free time is taken up by art, film, and seeing friends. I'm also a coxswain on the Men's rowing team, which keeps me busy.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!