This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

It’s Valentine’s Day, but I hope, as you read these quotes, you know that you are loved (whether you have a significant other or not)!

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.’ ― C.S. Lewis

Image source: Pexels

We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all. ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship home… it’s your responsibility to love it, or change it. ― Chuck Palahniuk

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ― Henry David Thoreau

Image source: Pexels

A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow. ― William Shakespeare

People change and forget to tell each other. ― Lillian Hellman

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity. ― Khalil Gibran

Image source: Pexels

If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships – the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace. ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

Image source: Pexels

Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom. ― Rabindranath Tagore

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you. ― William Arthur Ward

Image source: Pexels

Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at Her Campus at UC Davis!

Cover image source: Pexels

Tongan Taiwanese. Lover of cultures, food, sports and laughter. Currently a third-year Communication student at UC Davis.