This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

If you’re at Shields Library studying for your final while having daydreams of being on the warm sands of a beautiful beach — you’re not alone. Whether you’ve got big plans over break or plan to just unwind in a low-key environment, we’ve got the ultimate spring break playlist for you.

1. “Daylight” by Matt & Kim

This is an upbeat tune that just makes you excited for the day to start.

2. “Love Me Like You Do” by Ellie Goulding

Who ISN’T obsessed with this song right now? The pounding rhythm and catchy chorus is perfect for those late night drives (to In-N-Out).

3. “Latch” by Sam Smith

A staple across many playlists— Latch is yet another song perfect for driving and (poorly) singing along to with your best friends.

4. “Always This Late” by ODESZA

An indie-techno song that was made to help you unwind after a rough quarter at school.

5. “Wannabe” by Spice Girls

Um, can you say #throwback? A classic that is meant for those coast side roadtrips and long drives you’ll be taking with your girlfriends.

6. “Sober” by Childish Gambino

Something we’ve been hearing on the radio but may have overlooked — this new single is simple and sweet.

7. “Chocolate” by The 1975

“Chocolate” will make you want to sing along and strut down the street on a sunny spring day (in a sweet maxi dress, at that).

8. “Team” by Lorde

If you’re looking for a song to blast from your stereo or Bluetooth speaker whilst you’re on the beach: this is it.

9. “Sing” by Ed Sheeran

A flirty song that will encourage you to get on the dance floor with the guy you’ve been crushing on.

10. “This Is How We Do” by Katy Perry

Katy Perry knows how to party. She’s IS the party. This is sure to be your #1 spring break anthem.

11. “Waves” (Robin Schulz Radio Edit) by Mr. Probz

Another beachy song that has been a hit on the radio. The mellow vibes and visual imagery of this song will make you fall in love with it all over again.

12. “Always Where I Need To Be” by The Kooks

A fun song by British band, The Kooks, that will make you realize spring break is always where you need to be. 

Varsha is currently a senior at UC Davis double majoring in Communication and Sociology. A Bay Area native, she relishes any opportunity to visit the beach and explore cities big and small. As an avid reader and writer, she hopes to utilize her passion for storytelling through a future career in PR. She is a self-proclaimed foodie and always enjoys a good cup of coffee. You can find her writing poems on the quad, reporting stories for AggieTV and daydreaming in the Arboretum, figuring out life as a 22 year old. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!