nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

New App Alert: Let’s Have a House Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Here’s the deal: you’re home for spring break, but all of your friends have different academic calendars and you can’t all meet up to hang out. If only there was a way to have a group FaceTime so you could all catch up!

Here’s the solution: A new app called HouseParty lets you do exactly that. With an easy-to-use, simple layout, HouseParty is a great way to get in contact with up to seven of your friends, all at the same time. For collegiettes especially, this multi-user FaceTime experience is an easy way to keep in touch with high school friends when you’re away at college. What’s more is that you can use this app anywhere you have WiFi, so if you want to catch up with your college friends while you’re studying abroad, you totally can!

The opportunities for this app are endless. You could even get your family on it and see your parents back at home, plus all of your older siblings who live in different states, all at the same time. Instead of having to individually call them with some good news, just get everyone onto HouseParty and you can see their faces when you tell them all of the amazing things going on in your life.

You can download it from the App Store (need iOS 9.0 or later) or Google Play, and you use it on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. It currently has a 4.5 star rating from 22 ratings. This is the app you’ve been waiting for!

Mariana graduated from University of California, Davis in 2018 with bachelor's degrees in English and linguistics. She currently works as an editor for a biotechnology company in Seattle, WA.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!