This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Spring is in full swing, and with it comes heat, pollen, and sun exposure. While spring holds a special place in my heart, it also wreaks havoc on my makeup routine.

Sweat and new freckles make foundation a bit more difficult, and my constant need for allergy eye drops makes long-lasting eye makeup almost impossible. So, for when the air is drier and we are constantly on the move, here are my go-to makeup products.

1. Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint

Once spring rolls around, I tend to ditch any kind of foundation and stick to a light skin tint like this one from Glossier. This product is ultra lightweight and does a good job at evening out your skin tone. I put this on my skin and then add concealer on top if I want more coverage.

2. Benefit “They’re Real” Mascara

Given the fact that spring brings pollen and pollen brings me tears, I need a mascara that can withstand some moisture. Benefit’s “They’re Real” mascara isn’t technically waterproof (although I think you can get it that way), but it still holds up really well with some water exposure.

3. Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder

To help control the over-dewiness that comes with hotter days, I like to use a translucent powder like this one to set my makeup, no matter how little I am wearing.

4. Glossier Boy Brow

Seeing as Glossier specializes in the “no makeup” makeup look, many of their products translate well to springtime makeup routines. Boy Brow is the perfect product if you’re looking to keep your eyebrows put together, but don’t want to worry about sweating off eyebrow pencil or shadow.

Spring is a great time to get simple with your makeup while protecting your skin (don’t forget your sunscreen!). Enjoy the sun and the warm air while looking *fresh*!

Hadley is a fourth year at UC Davis, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Professional Writing and Human Rights. She is a mental health advocate and the Vice President of Event Planning for the Pi Beta Phi sorority. She loves to play soccer, paint, and watch The Office. She is planning on pursuing a career in writing and editing, and hopes to work for a magazine after graduating.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!