This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

We’ve just passed the halfway mark of the quarter, and I know I can’t be the only who’s feeling the pressure. I’m almost to that point where it seems like every GIF that comes across my Facebook feed of animals failing at simple tasks is a metaphor for getting myself through the week (or even just the day). Since I’m fairly confident that I’m not alone here, I’d like to share some of my favorite of these “Me vs. Life” GIFs.

1. Cookies should always be a life goal.

2. I can’t help but laugh at this one. I think the lesson here is don’t try to bite off more than you can chew.

3. So. Much. Truth.

4. This is proof that trying to take shortcuts or cheat your way through life won’t work any better. You’ve got to climb up the ladder and go down the slide the right way, or it’ll be twice as difficult.

5. I like to think of this one as me trying to pin down the argument of my essay. (Or maybe the answer to a difficult homework question, if you don’t write essays.)

6. Feel free to add your own caption to this one; I think you get the gist at this point.

7. After all those struggles, I’d like to end with a little success. Also, as an English major, I sincerely appreciate the pun that is this GIF.

None of the images used belong to the author or Her Campus UC Davis.

Thumbnail source: Kate Albrecht

I am a California native currently studying English and Professional Writing at UC Davis. I like to write and edit work in order to deliver a clear, informative, and engaging message. I hope to one day become a professional editor. In my free time I enjoy running, skiing, hanging with friends, and indulging in the occasional night-in with Netflix.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!