This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Before I apply makeup, I do my skincare. A brand that I absolutely love is The Ordinary because it’s so affordable and really gentle on my sensitive skin. I go in with the Squalane Cleanser and gently scrub it all over my face before I wash it off with lukewarm water. If I could recommend any product from this brand it would be the pink Soothing & Barrier Support Serum. I saw this all over TikTok when it first came out and I wanted to try it out because of the results I saw. Let me tell you, my skin has never looked better and it’s so fun to rub the bright pink formula on your face. Lastly, I go in with their moisturizer and I like to use it as one of my bases for my concealer. 

After I finish my skincare, I start with filling in my big brown eyebrows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. Instead of using an eyebrow gel, I personally like to use a clear mascara because it has always been better at keeping my brows in place for the whole day. After I’m done filling in my eyebrows, I put the Benefit POREfessional Primer all over my face. I then take my Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer and then line my eyebrows. 

I then start on my face makeup and take the same concealer and put it all over my face. I personally don’t like to wear foundation because of the heavy feeling and my skin is incredibly sensitive, so I tend to break out badly whenever I use foundation. Concealer has always worked for me. I then blend everything in with a beauty blender and then I reach for my Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent and dab it everywhere. This helps my makeup truly set without it looking too cakey. After five minutes, I brush everything away and go in with bronzer. I am a big fan of Kylie Jenner’s bronzers because they are very lightweight and easy to apply. Once I’m done with that, I go in with blush from either Tarte or Benefit; I tend to stick with darker pinks. 

I normally don’t wear eyeshadow on an everyday basis. This is mostly because I’m usually running late for school and simply don’t have time. A trick that I like to use to make me appear more awake is by taking a Gold Sephora eyeshadow stick and placing it in my inner corners as well as my brow bone. This will truly make your eyes pop. Also, don’t forget to curl those lashes. Now for mascara, my queen Rhianna never fails me when it comes to music and makeup. I take the mascara from her brand and apply layers to my eyelashes. Her mascara both lengthens and thickens your lashes and it’s truly a nice touch. 

Lastly, for my lips I tend to change it everyday. It honestly depends on what I’m feeling. Burt’s Bees lip balm is always nice because of the beautiful color and it’s very hydrating. Sometimes I go in with a neutral pink lipstick from Ulta. Nevertheless, I usually never leave the house without a lip product; especially during this time because it’s rather cold out.

Amanda is a fourth year Cinema & Digital Media major with a minor in Communications. She enjoys writing, watching movies & TV shows, and spending time with her friends. She hopes to pursue a career in the film industry after UC Davis.