To The Max: Living Actively

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

I think a typical college student’s week consists of class, studying, facebook and partying. This repetitive routine can easily overwhelm a collegiette. However, the stress of this ordinary day is nothing compared to that of a college girl choosing to live actively. The trick is being that girl: the one that does it all, but holds it together at the same time.

Each of us has the ability to improve our day to day activities to benefit not only ourselves but the world around us. Joining clubs or even getting an executive position in those clubs. Get a job, make some extra money and splurge for yourself, or be in charge of your own finances.

This is the time in our lives where we are preparing to separate our unique identity from those of our parents -we are becoming our own people. That alone requires a lot of responsibility; but why not push yourself and take on a little more than you can handle? If worst comes to worse you have to give something up, but why cant you do everything? Life is too short to sit by the sidelines and watch other people run right by you. This is the time to step up your game. Get a job, become a vice president, study abroad, volunteer in a clinic, take an extra bio discussion, join an intramural team, do something extra for yourself.

Instead of going to a frat party on Friday night to “relieve stress”, sign up for a yoga class and be good to your body. Set daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals. Stay on top of them. Your productivity will only make you feel better about yourself!

We all have the power to improve ourselves. Be the best version of you by doing the things you think you would never have time for. Drive yourself to your full potential and let your life blossom. You got this.

Maxine