Wellness

Manifesting Positive Things Into Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

I am a huge believer of the Law of Attraction and of all the wonderful things it can bring into your life. People always talk about how they thought about something, and suddenly that thing was present in their life. How did that happen? Well, I believe that they manifested it. Constantly thinking about something and consistently aiming positive energy towards it can help you manifest anything you want into your life. The idea is that you have the power to attract the things that you want into your life through positive energy and through the Law of Attraction. The Law of Attraction has impacted me in so many wonderful ways, and I hope it can help you manifest beautiful things into your life too. 

sign with positive messageand eyeglass
Binti Malu / Pexels
When I was in the fourth grade, I took one of my mom’s books off her shelf and read it. The book was called The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, and the things I learned from reading it are ideas that I still carry with me today. The book discusses the power of the Law of Attraction, and the ways in which we can use it to benefit ourselves. You think of yourself as a satellite, and the universe as the receiver of the signals that you transmit. The signals, or the energy that you transmit are going to be the same signals that you receive. So, if you transmit positive energy, you will receive positive energy. This can go for many different things, and for multiple things all at once. For example, if I constantly feel positive energy towards my relationship with my partner, I will receive positive outcomes. My relationship will grow stronger and healthier, and in turn, my energy towards it will remain positive. 

We want to attract good things into our life, right? We want to attract positive things, so it is essential that we keep our energy positive. We need to think positively about money, relationships, health, career opportunities, and anything else we want to bring into our lives. You can start small, but you must be consistent. If you applied for a job that you really want, wake up every morning and think positive thoughts about that job. Tell yourself “I am going to get this job” or “I love this job” or “I know I am fit for this job”. Tell yourself these things a hundred times every day, and stay consistent with your positivity. You can also think about how you will feel doing that job, what you will wear to work, what you will do every day, and what conversations you will have with your co-workers. Eventually, it will feel natural for you to think about yourself thriving in that job position and you will manifest it into your life! The same thing goes for everything else. You must think positively about that thing, not negatively. If you are lacking money, don’t think “I have so little money” or “I will never have enough money”. Change your satellite’s transmission into something positive, and that positive energy will find you and bring you an abundance of what you need. 

person standing on field facing a sunset
Victor Freitas via Pexels
Whether you believe this or not, it can still be beneficial for you to think more positive thoughts and to know what you want in life. This whole thing may seem crazy or unrealistic to you, but I hope you give it a try and see what happens. Change is not instant, and manifestation does take time, but through consistency of positive thoughts and energy, the changes you are seeking will come. You have the power to shape and to create your own reality. Don’t allow others to tell you what is possible or not possible for YOU. Your reality will not be like anyone else’s and that is the beauty of it. Decide for yourself what you want in life and go attract those things! 

Hannah is studying Communications and Professional Writing at UC Davis. She is eager to share her experiences and lifestyle tips and tricks to motivate and inspire her peers to lead a healthy, balanced life! In her free time, Hannah enjoys playing with her dog, singing, and grabbing bubble tea with friends!
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!