This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

The new year encourages us to start over and become a better version of ourselves. Whether we’re trying to develop healthier lifestyles or improve on time management, our focus on making significant changes in our lives can get in the way of documenting memorable experiences. Here are some ways you can collect your memories throughout 2018.

Create a video diary

Record a short video of your life every day until the next year. An app called 1 Second Everyday can facilitate the project by compiling each video in chronological order. All you need is $4.99 for the app and the rest is easy!

DIY a memory jar

Find a mason jar to decorate and write something good about each day on a small piece of paper. This will help you think positively year-round, and it’s something you can always look back on.

Photo Source: Pexels

Keep an old-fashioned diary

If you can find the time in your busy schedule, write a few sentences about your day for the entire year.

Start a gratitude journal

We often linger on bad memories and forget the good ones. Similar to the memory jar, get a notebook or planner and write one thing you’re thankful for each day of the year.

Photo Source: Pexels

Challenge yourself

Instead of having a set of new year’s resolutions, challenge yourself to do something new or different each day. Breach out of your comfort zone and do what scares you. It will make you stronger this year.

Cover image source: Pexels

Becky is currently a third year Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies and Communication double major with a minor in UWP.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!