This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Picnic Day is an amazing day in Davis. There’s tons of fun events and activities happening on campus, as well as off campus. It’s easy to get overwhelmed, but a couple tips can help you stay on track and make sure you have fun this Picnic Day.

1. Wake Up Early!

It’s super tempting to sleep in and roll out of bed at noon, but Picnic Day comes once a year! Most of the events are held in the morning and it’s a time to seize the cooler weather before it heats up later in the day. Plus, nothing beats breakfast with your friends in the morning!

2. Stay Hydrated!

Picnic Day is always really hot. It’s very easy to become dehydrated—especially with those of us that are over 21—when you drink alcohol, you become more dehydrated. Help prevent that dehydration by drinking water throughout the day. Apply sunscreen or SPF before being out in the sun. It’s easy to get sunburnt with standing in all the lines.

3. Pace Yourself!

Pace yourself this Picnic Day. Not only does that mean to space out how many drinks you have, but space out your activities. Go hard in the morning with the cool events going on, but then take a nap later in the day to reenergize for the evening.

4. Do What You Want!

It’s really hard to coordinate plans on Picnic Day. When different friends have different agendas for the day, it’s tough to pick where to go. Don’t feel pressured to go somewhere if you don’t want to. Talk it over with your friends and come to a compromise. On a similar note, don’t ditch your friends to go spit game. The person you’ve been crushing on is still gonna be there after Picnic Day. Don’t base your plans off what they’re doing. You will definitely regret it later.

5. Keep a Positive Mindset!

Don’t be stressing on Picnic Day! If plans aren’t working out, that’s totally okay—you can go with the flow. Explore around town, experience cool new events, and make some dope memories!

*Thumbnail image courtesy of Loriza Khan

Hey everyone! My name is Chandni and I first came to Davis as a transfer student. Now that I'm in my final year, I've learned a lot about campus life in a really short amount of time. I'm an economics and psychology major and I love animals! I love meeting new people, so if you ever see me around, come over and say hi! :)
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!