Hub AmazonAffiliate BNCL COB HubHero EdgetoEdge?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hub AmazonAffiliate BNCL COB HubHero EdgetoEdge?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Fashion

Hottest Trends of 2024

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

In the ever-evolving world of fashion, 2024 brings with itself a carousel of the hottest trends that will definitely grab your attention and make you want to become a fashion icon yourself. From the edgy Adidas Gazelles to luxurious fur coats, this year’s fashion trends represent a spectrum of styles. These trends are nothing but the biggest, hottest commodities of the year. Let’s roll the tape on this one and enter the wonderland of fashion.

1. Adidas Gazelles: Cruising in Comfort

These colorful beauties aren’t a novel addition to the Adidas historical collection. They have been around for years, 58 to be precise. They were first released in 1966 and are one of the longest running models at Adidas. They have got to be absolutely cute to not just survive, but thrive a life that long. It became a staple in its initial years owing its success to the colorful leather and suede top with gum soles. Predictably enough, they have made a comeback into the limelight due to the ‘off duty supermodel’ look (all thanks to Hailey Bieber). In my opinion, they are a must haves in everyone’s wardrobe. You could choose a more neutral color that will go with most of your outfits or dare to choose hot red, pink, green or deep blue. I do not believe one can go wrong with a Gazelle.

2. Oversized Bags: Fashion meets Functionality

Congratulations to you if you can fit your entire life into a tote bag! But for those of you who struggle to squeeze in your academic weapon lineup and 50 shades of lipgloss in your dainty tote, this trend will save your life. It’s the perfect bag to wear to a study session at a coffee shop with your friends. With bags, it’s always ‘the bigger, the better.’ It’s time we stop cramming our stuff in mini going-out hobo bags. This year, go big or go home!

3. Bows: Holding my life together

They’re everywhere. You can’t escape them. The coquette English vintage girly vibe is THE aesthetic right now. From dresses to even fridge handles, bows are an easy way to adorn your life with elegance and indulge in playfulness. Brands like Miu Miu and Prada have been leveraging this wave and serving fashion fans the ultimate girlhood essentials tied up in a bow, quite literally. You can wear them in your hair, accessorize your tote bags with them, add them to your apple pencil if you may. This year, tie the knot on your commitment towards being a fashion girly and let down your hair, but don’t forget to wear a bow!

4. Fur Coat Extravaganza: Are you cold or just extra?

In 2024, fur coats are not just a winter wardrobe whip, they’re integral to making a fashion statement. The dramatic sleeve details and fluffy collars are worth the credit card damage. Brands nowadays are competing in the race of sustainability and coming up with the most efficient and planet friendly technologies of fashion. It is never a bad idea to invest in a faux-fur coat. Imagine strolling on the streets of London, wearing one of those and the most sassy pair of boots, with a coffee in your hand. And remember, girl math is your best friend.

5. Preppy School Vibe: Back to the Future

Preppy School Vibe is the best way to bring your academic weapon mindset to life. It’s the most iconic crossover of Rory Gilmore and Cher Horowitz. Channel your inner Rory Gilmore by dressing like Cher. If you’re not sold on the idea yet, try to imagine living like Blair Waldorf. Who wouldn’t want that? Preppy School Girl vibe brings with itself the most structured silhouettes and bold patterns. From tweed jacket sets to long socks and berets, this trend is your big break into the world of the 2000s elite life. Put on your gloves and get onto it.

6. Metallic Magic: Uniform of the AI robots?

We took ‘Shine bright like a diamond’ too seriously with this trend. With the famous Golden Globes Awards 2024 glittery looks, this trend was set to roll out big. Metallic fashion has been associated with futuristic style for years. It gives sleek spaceships and technology. However, with the new year, metallic has been adopted in relations and is taking off. The knight in shining armor looks at Couture Week were jaw-dropping to say the least. No one does metallic structures and golden goddesses better than Jean Paul Gaultier. With that being said, these looks are also fun to recreate and can be a show-stopper at your next party.

7. Big Scarves: Can’t wrap it around my head

As temperatures drop, fashion heats up with big scarves. Scarves are the easiest addition to make a low-effort outfit look well-thought of. You can pair it up with retro tops, a leather jacket and low waist washed up denims and or even a puffer jacket and Uggs. The best part is that you can wrap it in multiple ways depending on your outfit, vibe and need.

FlourishonCampus HeroImage EdgeToEdge Concept Hero?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp

As you navigate through the year, step outside your comfort zone and explore styles that are diverse and bold. The runway of 2024 is yours to conquer. Walk it with confidence and flair!

Hi, I am Suhani Salgia, a sophomore at the University of California, Davis. I am an international student from India am a majoring in Managerial Economics with a Technology Management minor. I want to pursue a career in Marketing and am really interested in learning about consumer behavior and the luxury fashion market. Growing up, I trained as a competitive swimmer and dancer. I love doing water sports, playing board games with friends, exploring music and making Pinterest mood boards.