Healthy Snacking: “Pop” into Your Bikini Bod

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Spring quarter has just begun and the sun is starting to come out and play. This is the most exciting news since sliced bread until you realize that you are not bikini ready. I have a secret that will allow you to snack and lose weight (or at least be a little healthier).

Who doesn’t love potato chips?  Whether you eat them plain or with various dips, salsa, guacamole, hummus, whathaveyou, they are absolutely a springtime snack.  I decided to do some research into healthier forms of my favorite snack.  I tried baked potato chips, veggie chips, and popchips™.  The verdict: instead of giving up your game time snack, swap a bag for popchips!  Aren’t popchips just another form of a potato chip?  They are so much more.  Not only are popchips all-natural, but they have less than half the fat of fried chips and taste absolutely delicious.  Talk about having your cake and eating it too, or, in this case chips.

How do you “pop” a chip?  Instead of frying or baking the potatoes, lots of heat and pressure are added until the potato pops.  This process eliminates the trans fat, gluten, fake flavors, colors, and preservatives that go along with the traditional chip (it’s also Kosher!)  The credibility of this chip just continues to skyrocket.  What this means is that you can not only continue to eat chips, but eat more chips per serving.  You never have to get bored just eating one type of chip because popchips have a variety of flavors to choose from: original, barbeque, sour cream & onion, cheddar, salt & pepper, sea salt & vinegar, jalapeno, parmesan garlic, chili lime, and my favorite (and the healthiest) sweet potato.

Now that you’re salivating, I’ll tell you where you can go get your favorite flavor popchips.  The closest stores from the UC Davis campus are Safeway, Target, Whole Foods (opening soon), and Costco.  They are also available at Krogers and Wegmans, as well as online at store.popchips.com.

So, popchips are the tastiest, crunchiest, and healthiest alternative to regular potato chips!  If you have any more questions regarding the delicious snack that’ll help get you rec pool ready, feel free to contact their UC Davis representative, Lyndsie DeBonis.

http://www.popchips.com/

Jessica is currently studying Graphic Design and Psychology at UC Davis. She hopes to one day move to New York and work for a fashion or fitness magazine. When she is not dreaming about her life in New York, she is either running, watching shows on hulu, socializing or baking cupcakes. She loves anything that will make her laugh, sunny days  and everything purple!