This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

The holiday season is upon us (insert the Davis rain here). The quarter is flying by and finals are always hectic, so let’s make life easy with a list of gift ideas for the loved ones in your life! The worst feeling in the world is stressing about what to get the people you love, so here some reasonably priced gifts for any occasion this holiday season!

Mom

My mom is the hardest person to shop for. Most people complain about shopping for their dads, but I’ve always had more difficulty with my mother. I have found over time that simplicity is best. Thoughtful gifts like gift certificates for a massage or a nail salon are always a hit. This holiday season, consider picking up a wooden cheese board from Trader Joe’s for her charcuterie presentations or a cute coffee mug from World Market!

Dad

My dad is an outdoorsy guy who loves to read. REI is his haven and he would sleep in a hammock every night if he was allowed. In the past, I’ve relied on outdoor camping stores for camping-grade coffee thermoses or his favorite author’s newest novel. Last year, I got him a ‘UC Davis Dad’ quarter zip from the UC Davis store and he wears it even when I’m at school so he must actually like it!

Sister

I have a sister who is currently in high school. She’s a big jewelry lover, so this year I’m getting her affordably-priced trendy jewelry on Etsy! Other good ideas for your sister are room decor (posters, bedding, etc.) and gift cards to her favorite place. A couple of years ago, she got me a Polaroid camera (an amazing present idea), which I still use all the time. 

Best Friend

My best friend and I have a tradition of getting each other matching pajamas. Not really a surprise, but still cute, thoughtful, and oh-so-perfect for the chilly holiday season. If this sounds up your alley, check out Aerie or Target (the Gilligan & O’Malley line is sooooo soft)!

Josephine is a fourth year at the University of California Davis, where she is studying Sociology. In her free time, she enjoys picnics at the Davis Farmers Market and watching Friends. She is planning on pursuing a career in writing and hopes to be actively involved in the political realm after graduating. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!