A Foodie’s Go-To Spots in San Francisco

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

If you are a college student who prefers the city life, fortunately San Francisco is a mere hour and a half from UC Davis. As someone who was raised in the Bay Area, I slowly found my favorite food spots that never fail to satisfy my palate. Below are some eateries one must check out while in SF! 

1. La Taqueria (2889 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94110) 

This small joint in the heart of mission district has the MOST amazing tacos I’ve had in my entire life. Although I can’t claim to be an expert on authentic tacos, these double tortilla wrapped tacos from La Taqueria will be sure to quench your longing for tacos (whether it is Tuesday or not!) There is usually always a line at this place, so be sure to plan in advance!

2. Osha Thai (4 Embarcadero Center Street Level SF, CA 94111)

Being a fan of Thai food as well, I found myself wandering to the aesthetically pleasing restaurant of Osha Thai in the Embarcadero Marketplace. Although a tad pricey, this restaurant’s ambiance and rich flavors will overpower the money coming out of your pocket. My personal favorite is the chicken pad see-yew as well as their volcanic beef.

3. Curry Up Now (59 Valencia St, San Francisco, CA 94110) 

Although they house multiple locations around the Bay Area, the Curry Up Now on Valencia is my personal favorite. The food itself is a fusion on American and Indian food, which as an Indian I can appreciate. Their unique twist on classical Indian dishes gives you the right amount of spice you’re looking for. I’d personally recommend the naughty naan (an Indian style pizza on naan) as well as the deconstructed samosa! 

4. Devil’s Teeth Bakery (3876 Noriega St, San Francisco, CA 94122)

This place has the absolute best breakfast sandwiches! Although a small space, the family type charm of this place will make it worth the possible cramp. There are a wide array of options (vegetarian included) that will satisfy anyone!

Hopefully the next time you get a chance to visit SF, you’re able to check out one of these delicious places to grab a meal or snack! As an avid self-proclaimed foodie, I promise you won’t regret it.

All images from Tumblr. None of the images used belong to Her Campus or the author.

Banner photo taken by Picjumbo

Disha is a 3rd year student at the University of California Davis pursuing a major in Genetics and Genomics with a minor in writing. When not studying, she enjoys updating her blog, cooking new food, and binge watching Grey's Anatomy.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!