Find Out What’s Bumpin’ at UC Davis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

What’s Bumpin is the newest social media app that allows you to find and join events around you with other college students. The app was designed to connect students in real life through their phones. So instead of phones making us socially inept, they socially enable us. Take that tech-naysayers! To create an account, sign up with your UC Davis email to be in the loop about what’s happening on or around campus.

Using the location from your phone, What’s Bumpin allows you to view public events set up by other students near you. All public events share the time and location of events (on or off campus). If you want to attend an event, your attendance will remain between you and the friends you have added in the app. If you want to set up an event, you have the option of making it public or exclusively for your friends. Maybe set up a spur of the moment Magic the Gathering tournament in the MU, or create a public picnic in the quad to meet new friends.

The only information your profile publicly displays is your photo, name and graduating year. Any friends added in the app will be able to see your major, residence (if entered in the app) and interests; these noted interests will determine the events that pop up on your feed. The app allows you to search by location and by the name of the event, making your life a whole lot easier if you happen to forget one of the two. Events won’t be visible after they have happened– but who wants to live in the past anyway?

The focus of the app is creating memories here and now. If you want to learn more about What’s Bumpin, or if you would like to get a position on their launch squad check out their website!

I was born and raised in Northern California and studied English with a Professional Writing minor at University of California, Davis. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!