This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Ahhh, it is here. The chilly mornings are waking us up and the cozy sweaters are making their way out of our closets. Welcome, fall. 

Fall has always been my favorite season. There is something in the air, besides falling leaves, that just makes me feel so good. While we may not be able to do some of the traditional fall activities that we all know and love this year, we can still make the most of this season. It is a fresh start, a time to recharge and take in the natural beauty that is all around us. From the colors of the leaves on trees, to the pumpkins in patches, what is not to love about this time of year?

First off, the color scheme that greets us as we walk out the door is truly a delight. Shades of red, yellow, and orange with some pops of green fill our eyes, reminding us of the loads of candy corn many of us consumed this time of year while growing up. Pumpkins are on our neighbors porches accompanied by fallen leaves gathered on the ground around them. 

Carved pumpkin on table with candles
Photo by ????? ?????????? from Pexels
Second, it gets dark earlier, which means it is time to light some candles. Whether you prefer potent pumpkin spice scented candles or a good old fashion tea-light, lighting a few is the perfect way to make your place even more cozy and fall-esq. What other time of year is it really socially acceptable to stock up on candles from TJ Maxx? 

Sweaters are yet another fall favorite that I love to pull out of my closet when the time comes. I could live in sweaters and leggings year round, if the possibility of dying from heat stroke was not an option. Anyway, the temperature this time of year is absolutely perfect. The mornings often start out cool, but the sun peaks through as the day goes on before nicely cooling down again at night, giving you the perfect fall day. 

The Lalatea Mugs Cozy Sweaters
Her Campus Media
All in all, fall is the most wonderful time of the year. To me, it presents itself as the most calming season. The trees are letting go of the year by letting their leaves fall and are preparing themselves for a new beginning full of hope and happiness. If you ask me, we could all learn a little from the trees letting go of their leaves. Let us learn to make the most of this new season by pressing restart and looking forward to all that will come with it. After all, we deserve it. It has been a crazy year. 

Ashley is a senior at the University of California, Davis. She is studying Communication and getting her minor in English with the hopes of one day having a successful career in one of the two fields. Ashley enjoys spending time with her family and exercising in her free time.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!