Everything I Love About Driving Through the California Central Valley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

The California Central Valley is a very special place. And, in my opinion, the best way to savor the beauty of this agricultural paradise is to take a nice, long drive right through it! Here are a few of the wonders you will experience:

1. Tumbleweeds!

There’s nothing I love more than having to perform evasive maneuvers to avoid hummer-sized tumbleweeds attempting to reclaim their territory. It’s a great way to break up the monotony of a nine-hour commute to Davis from SoCal.

2. The sweet, sweet smell of cow manure!

Because we obviously don’t get enough of it at UC Davis, the smell of cow dung wafting through your AC is a breath of fresh(?) air.

3. Static on the radio!

Another great part of the Central Valley is the extensive lineup of radio stations providing you with static 24/7. A lot of people pay large amounts of money for white noise machines, but the Central Valley gives it to you for free! But, fear not! If you’re not a fan of static, there is also a large number of Christian rock and Mariachi radio stations to choose from.

4. The cuisine!

Whatever you’ve been craving, the Central Valley most likely has it, from Indian food to McDonald’s, the restaurant game here is on fire. (And if you eat there, your poops will be too!)

5. Nothing…

Cover image source: Pexels

Psychology Major Double Minor Professional Writing and Human Rights
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!