Come to the Davis Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.
Come to the annual City of Davis’ Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony!

When: This Thursday, December 4th at 5:30 p.m.

Where: Starts at the Co-Op, where they will hand out candles and start a procession through downtown to the Christmas tree at E Street Plaza (near Baskin Robbins/Chipotle); afterwards, it’s all around the downtown area.

What: Besides the lighting parade, there will be free horse-drawn carriage rides, free showings of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” at the Varsity Theater starting at 6 p.m., free Holiday Music Show at Odd Fellows Hall, and for the kids at heart, visiting with Santa and Mrs. Claus! Other holiday characters, like Father Christmas, will be hanging around downtown, and you can take selfies with them. You can also indulge in the tradition of getting yummy holiday desserts courtesy of the Davis High Cheer Team.

Why: Finals are coming up, and what better way to enjoy the last few days before cram sessions with an evening out with friends? Plus, you get to have goodies with your buddies, and you can get serenaded by a caroling group.

Special appearances by Aggie Band-Uh, the UCD fire truck, and a Unitrans double decker bus. 

There will also be a donation spot, sponsored by Toys For Tots, where you can drop off new and unwrapped gifts and funds to help the U.S. Marines Toys For Tots Foundation.

In addition, expect tons of music shows, and decorated store windows that you can vote on for the People’s Choice Award, and much more!

Editor in Chief, UC Davis chapter founder.