A College Student Enters a Galaxy Far, Far Away

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

I recently started watching the Star Wars films for the first time (I can hear the horrified gasps from here…) thanks to the encouragement of a dear friend. Now, I know that it’s an outrage that a full-grown fan of the fantastical has yet to watch each film in its entirety, but I like to think that my delayed introduction into one of the most ultimate fandoms allows me to appreciate the films in a different light. Most of our generation watched the trilogy for the first time when they were children — I’m watching it for the first time in college.

So, the following are the top five favorite moments of a 22-year-old Star Wars newbie! (Note: I have only watched Episodes 4-6. Stay tuned for my thoughts on the remainder of the franchise.)

1. Leia making friends with an Ewok

I mean, come on. Seeing the sweet side of our badass princess AND meeting the cutest creature in the trilogy? Priceless.

2. The famous Han Solo butt scene

This is one moment only a grown viewer can fully appreciate.

3. Any and every time R2-D2 beeps

My friend revealing the veiled profanity in R2’s droid speech made for the perfect combination of sass and cuteness.

4. Han and Leia finally feeling their feelings

I literally squealed with joy here. I may not be able to have Han, but I’m okay with Leia having him.

5. Luke seeing the good in Darth

The unconditional love between a father and a son is no match for the Dark Side. Cue the water works!

Wish me luck as I venture deeper into a galaxy far, far away…

Cover image souce: Pixabay

This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!