Catching Z’s Between Classes: The Best Places to Nap on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

We’ve all been there. It’s the middle of the day, you’re absolutely exhausted, but you still have 5 more hours of classes and meetings to power through. Studies show that 20 minute naps can help boost productivity and energy. So, the next time you’re feeling a little drowsy, go grab a sleep mask and earplugs from the Student Health and Wellness Center next to the ARC, and head over to one of these 3 spots:

1. The Women’s Resources and Research Center

There are not one, but two, amazing places to sleep in the vibrant WRRC. The Mind Spa has massage chairs that you can use for a minimum of 30 minutes (depending on whether there are people waiting to use them or not). Personally, I love dozing off while getting a massage and listening to some relaxing tunes. If that’s not really your style, the Righteous Babes Lounge is naturally lit and has tons of comfortable couches and chairs.

2. The Quad

I’m sure you’ve seen people sprawled out on the Quad all the time, and for good reason! If you want to get both your tanning and sleeping in at the same time, the Quad is the place to be. Even if you’re not into sleeping on the ground, you can try to snag one of the coveted hammocks located on the edges of the Quad.

3. Student Community Center

As one of the more modern buildings on campus, the SCC has plenty of cozy areas for students to doze off in. While you can’t go wrong in the beautiful reflection room, there are also community specific areas like the LGBTQIA Center and Cross Cultural Center.

Do you have a favorite nap spot on campus not listed here? Let us know where it is!

Samantha Chiang is a sophomore English and Psychology major at UC Davis with an unbridled love for poetry, Legally Blonde, and late night munchies (in no particular order). She is a passionate advocate for the mental health community and hopes to use her voice in journalism and student government to foster a more inclusive campus climate. In the distant future, she hopes to become an entertainment lawyer so she can wear Western business attire every day. If you would like to contact her, please email sychiang@ucdavis.edu. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!