Campus Cutie: Vince Yovino

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.
Year: 2nd year
Major: Exercise Biology with a minor in Spanish
Hometown: Benicia, CA
Relationship Status: Single

What are your plans after college?: I hope to get into a school for Physical Therapy in San Francisco.

How do you keep yourself busy?: I’m a brother in Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE).  I’m finishing up my position as sports chair, and I just became appointed the co-social chair position within the fraternity. I also work on campus for TAPS. I love to play sports during my free time.

What are the benefits and downsides about being in Greek life: The upsides would be getting to know all the guys. You definitely have a different bond with your brothers than anyone else. The downside would be the cost and time.

How do you manage your time: It takes a lot of good time management to balance school, work, TKE, and my social life. There’s also a lot of cramming for tests and I sacrifice some sleep time as well.

Speaking of time management, how do you plan to manage your time off during spring break?: My friends Josh, Frankie, Kevin and I plan on waking up at 5:30 am the Sunday after finals, and we’re going to head to Canada! We already have the hotel booked and everything.  It will be my first time out of the country, so I’m pretty excited.

What are your plans for this summer: Well my sister, who is 26, is getting married this summer, so I will be in her wedding. My brother ,who is 23, is also getting married in 2012, so I will be in that wedding too. I’m pretty close with my siblings and with both of their fiancés, so I’m really excited for both of them.

What are some things on your bucket list?: I’ve always wanted to skydive. The whole concept of free falling from thousands of feet in the air sounds amazing! I would also love to go to Fenway Park. I love sports, and the Boston Red Sox have always been my favorite baseball team. Fenway Park has so much history to it.  It would be great to go and watch my favorite team play baseball there. I would really love to learn to play the piano. I’m so jealous of people who are musically inclined, and the piano is classy and elegant so it would be a cool way to impress people.

What is something about yourself most people don’t know?: I enjoy cooking and I speak Spanish. I also worked at Six Flags for two years. I miss it, it was really fun. A few times they would keep the park open at night just for the employees. I used to be able to get in for free too.  It was pretty nice.

A QUICKIE (survey) with the Campus Cutie

Current Facebook Status: Currently watching: Legends of the Hidden Temple. Greatest show ever. GO RED JAGUARS!

Three Pet Peeves: People that always think they are right, people who disrespect women, and people that chew with their mouth open.

Favorite Pick Up Line: Hey, I’m Mr. Right.  I heard you were looking for me.

Chocolate or Vanilla Ice Cream: Vanilla

Hip Hop or Country: Hip Hop

I love it when: I get off of work/it’s the weekend!

Favorite Animal: Jaguar

Action or Comedy: Comedy

Coffee or Tea:  Tea

Favorite place in Davis: The Arboretum

And Most Importantly, Boxers or Briefs: Boxer Briefs

Rachael Brandt is your typical collegiette. Her free time, you'll find her roaming the CoHo, nourishing her hourly caffeine fix or rocking out at the campus rec center in Zumba class. Rachael has interned at Acosta/Salazar PR firm in Sacramento, CA --working with politicians and interest groups to aide their campaigns. She now spends her days working at the Events and Conferencing Center, in hopes of saving up for the many goodies she hopes to acquire while studying abroad next year. After cultivating an obsession for Her Campus, she opened the UC Davis branch, and now serves as campus correspondant.