This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

I find that one of the best ways to spend money wisely is by purchasing items that have been tested and approved, whether by strangers on Amazon or your roommate. Although a bit late (unpopular opinion, January flew by!) I’ve created a list of some of my favorite purchases of 2019.

Essential Oil Diffuser

Although skeptical at first, my housemate’s essential oil diffuser and the cozy environment it creates quickly won me over. I picked up mine for $12 at the local TJ Maxx and purchased a variety of essential oils from Trader Joe’s and Amazon. It is truly incredible. Not only does it make your bedroom smell fantastic but the benefits of essential oils can be remarkable. As someone that suffers from allergies and congestion (winter quarter always gets the best of me), I seriously have noticed an improvement, particularly with eucalyptus oil. 

Elory Booties

Made by Steve Madden, these booties fit like a glove and are perfect for a night out or dinner with your friends. They have become my winter quarter go-to pair of shoes. I cannot recommend them enough!

Trader Joe’s Cocoa Almond Spread & Sourdough Spread

A dangerous combination. I had not had Nutella in years and this take on the chocolate spread is amazing, and when paired with a classic sourdough bread makes for a great snack (or breakfast). If you haven’t checked out the Trader Joe’s Facebook page, you’re missing out – it’s a great way to see what other people like and find reviews on the newest products!

Breakfast Brunch Toast Granola Food
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

Out From Under Hailey Seamless Plunging Bra Top

The Out From Under collection at Urban Outfitters is seriously underrated. The clothing is comfortable and flattering, as well as affordable. This top in particular, as well as other similar versions, has become a favorite of mine – it’s perfect for layering or wearing for a night out! Pro tip: if you make an Urban Outfitters account you’ll get special discount codes!

Local Library Card

The last time I had a library card I was in middle school. One of my New Year’s resolutions was to read more; read for fun, in addition to the loads of reading I do for school. I got a library card from the local Davis library this quarter. I didn’t realize how much I had missed reading until I was immersed in the quiet sanctuary that is a library. Read more; it’s good for you!

Ban.do Planner

Ban.do has such fun and colorful graphics, and as a planner snob, it’s one of the few layouts I approve of. I have a 12-month large planner, which I use to organize my academic and social life. It blows my mind that some people don’t use physical planners (I love writing!) and this one offers a simple and organized design.

The Lalacoffee Notebook Sunglasses
Her Campus Media

Josephine is a fourth year at the University of California Davis, where she is studying Sociology. In her free time, she enjoys picnics at the Davis Farmers Market and watching Friends. She is planning on pursuing a career in writing and hopes to be actively involved in the political realm after graduating. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!