Best Places in Davis for Your Hot Beverage Fix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Hey collegiettes! You may have noticed that it’s getting cold in Davis, especially if you have classes that end around seven p.m. or later. Get your freezing hands on some hot beverages like hot chocolate or coffee in downtown Davis.

1.     Root of Happiness (or Kava Bar)

You only need to be 18 or older to take a sip of their sedative brew, made from the crushed roots of a plant of the pepper family. Try their blended-from-scratch Chief’s Chai, or Spicy Mayan Hot Chocolate!

2.     Temple Coffee

Relatively new in Davis, they offer a variety of hot drinks like Mexican mocha, all flavors of latte (vanilla, almond, chai), cappuccino, and tea!

3.     Dutch Bros

Don’t want to get out of your cozy, heated car? Go through the drive thru of Dutch Bros to get your hot drink fix! They have the 911 (a blend of Irish cream and 6 shots!), the Cocomo (a chocolate coconut infusion), the Caramelizer (mocha and caramel), and much more.

4.     Peet’s Coffee and Tea

This chain has two locations in Davis, one downtown and one in North Davis. Holiday drinks are bountiful in places like Peet’s with their salted caramel macchiato, peppermint mocha, cinnamon hazelnut latte, Mayan mocha, pumpkin latte, and more!

5.     Pachamama Coffee Cooperative

Organic, fair trade, and delicious; Pachamama offers individually hand crafted orders and is equipped with a full espresso bar.

Enya Meng is a junior at UC Davis studying Clinical Nutrition with a minor in English. She aspires to become a registered dietitian working with patients with eating disorders. Her favorite things to do include reading, writing short stories, and experimenting with new recipes.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!