This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

It’s Spring Quarter, Picnic Day has come and gone, and we have six weeks until summer. As a graduating senior, this realization has me reeling.

Where did the time go?

It feels like just yesterday I was moving into my dorm in Tercero, figuring out how bike circles worked, and trying my hand at achieving the quintessential college experience.

Through the years, I’ve done my best to get out of my comfort zone, experience new things, and explore every inch of Davis. But as the time winds down, it’s harder and harder to ignore that there are still so many more things I could have done, and more regretfully, should have done.

My four years have been truly incredible – I’ve made amazing friends, I studied what I love, and I made memories that I cherish every day. But when the nostalgia of the past era kicks in, nothing can stop the feeling of wanting to do more.

While being a graduating senior means that you have limited time left in this perfect place, it also means that you have four years of good times under your belt and can use that knowledge to make the best of these last weeks.

So, in order to get the most out of what we have left, do the things you love doing, and fill the rest of the time with things you’ve always said you would do:

1. Don’t skip out on an adventure just because you have to get up early for class.

Let’s face it, our GPA isn’t likely to go anywhere, so what’s the harm in being a little sleepy during class when the cause is a great night with friends?

2. Participate in class

Many of us will be ending our educational careers in the spring and jumping into the working world. Engage in your classes and get the most out of being a student.

3. Cross off some bucket list items

Whatever they may be, do them! These are going to be experiences you’ll remember forever.

4. Make time for your friends

Even though none of us like thinking about it, after graduation your group of friends will be moving home, pursuing jobs, or jet-setting on a new adventure. You guys will be farther apart than you’re used to, so take this time to enjoy how close you all are.

5. Go talk to your favorite professors

These men and women who have made it their mission to help students can offer you sage advice about entering the post-grad world, whether you’re going to graduate school, starting your first job, or taking some time off.

6. Plan a day trip with friends to Berryessa to hike, swim, and enjoy the view!

Berryessa is just down the road, but it’s often too much of a hassle to plan and we don’t get around to going as often as we’d like. But put in the effort, because it’s a beautiful place.

7. Tell that person how you feel

And if it doesn’t go how you’d like, at least you were brave enough to take the risk. And on the upside, you’ll only to avoid them at the bars for a few weeks.

8. Go to a sporting event

Our snapchat stories might not boast school-wide tailgates and larger-than-life game days, but being a part of Aggie Pack and supporting our teams is always an exciting way to spend the day or night!

9. Have a Crazy College Weekend

Can you say Houseboats?

10. Do all of your favorite things – and not just once

Picnic in the arboretum, throw parties with your friends, eat at Burgers and Brew, spend the day at the Rec Pool, go to Late Night, and enjoy every piece of Davis culture.  

So seniors, let’s get out there and live up our last weeks of college. Do the things you haven’t done, revisit the things you love.

I am a 22 year old senior who enjoys watching Friends with a glass of wine. Currently in the process of figuring out Adulthood. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!