Behind the Scenes of Her Campus at UCD

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Pop the champagne because Her Campus at UCD is about to celebrate the end of our second academic school year as a chapter! We often get questions about what our behind the scenes work is like, so we thought it would be fun to show you what goes into maintaining our chapter.

Staff

We have over 20 girls on staff and they each contribute one original article every week. We set weekly deadlines for the members and require that their submissions fit one of four categories: Features, Blog, Events, and Snapshots. By requiring weekly submissions, it ensures that we have new content regularly, so make sure to always refresh our site!

Editor-in-Chiefs

We have two editor-in-chiefs who oversee the chapter, run weekly meetings, review new applicants, do the final article edits, publish articles, and coordinate with the Her Campus national headquarters.

Editing Team

Once our editing team receives weekly article submissions, they carefully edit them for grammar and clarity. Additionally, they take the pictures sent to them, insert the images into the body of the text, and make sure that the articles are aesthetically pleasing. Once they are done editing, they upload the articles, which get one last read over by the editor-in-chiefs.

Publicity Team

All members of Her Campus are required to complete publicity hours each quarter. This can consist of putting up flyers, wearing a chapter shirt, tabling outside of the MU, bringing friends to fundraisers, and more. Our publicity team updates us on new publicity opportunities, as well as keeps track of members’ hours and reminds them when they need to catch up.

Events Team

The events team is responsible for planning all of our fundraisers, team-bonding activities, and any Her Campus sponsored events. We have had fundraisers at places like Cultivé and Sweet and Shavery and our bonding events this year have consisted of fun activities like making homemade pizza and having game night. These bonding events allow our staff to take a break from working and become better friends, which has ultimately contributed to our ability to work as a cohesive unit that supports each other. 

Social Media Team

Our social media squad is vital to our chapter. They are responsible for updating our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr pages daily. Additionally, they run our giveaways and work hard to continually raise our page and article views, hoping to spread our work to as many people as possible.

Each team has a distinct role that is vital to our overall chapter’s upkeep and we couldn’t be prouder of the effort that our girls have put in over the last year to ensuring that Her Campus at UC Davis is here to stay!

Interested in joining Her Campus? We will have several openings for fall quarter, so please send a Her Campus style writing sample and resume to ucd@hercampus.com

This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!