April Showers Bring May Flowers… and a New Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Spring has officially sprung! And for my fashionistas on the search for new wardrobe necessities this year, you can end your search as I made sure to have you covered! Spring is an odd transition period from Winter to Summer, as the temperature is warm, but not too warm to desire an ice-cold swimming pool. This is a period for spring cleaning, but also a time to shop for new summer clothing pieces. I found, in my personal opinion, the best wardrobe that will set you up for the most memorable summer yet. Ranging from dresses to jewelry, I made sure to provide from head to toe. 

GO-TO STORES

If you find yourself overwhelmed with the variety of store options to shop at, like me, and need a list to choose from, I recommend you keep reading. The first step in your fresh wardrobe search is to find the best brands that will meet your needs. I have composed the stores that offer the widest variety of items that I personally rely on for my spring and summer wardrobe. Urban Outfitters has always been a consistent clothing provider for me, as the prices vary, and the sales section becomes your best friend. Zara is a company that has recently gained my attention, specifically for its colorful pieces and high-quality jean shorts. If you are comfortable purchasing before trying on an item, Princess Polly is a superior site; offering strong sales and the latest clothing trends. I can always rely on the company when I need a cute dress, skirt, top, or pair of shoes. An underdog that claims a large amount of my wardrobe is thrift stores. From Goodwill to Crossroads to a local gem, thrift stores provide a wide range of clothing pieces tailored to the current season. Thrift stores located in cities are by far the best ones to shop at, as there is so much to choose from.

13 going on 30 closet?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Columbia Pictures / Revolution Studios

Clothing & Accessories

Floral Print & Bright Colors

Floral prints are back, I repeat, floral prints are back! I never thought this day would come but I am happy to announce it has. Looking best on sundresses, rompers, and swimsuits, the floral print is a strong representation of the warm weather that is among us. A confident partner of the floral print is a vibrant color(s). Varying from pink to green to yellow, this print is the face of spring.

Mom Shorts

The mom shorts have officially made a comeback and I could not be more thrilled! Say goodbye to the chafing of short shorts, and say hello to the comfort of mom shorts. I have found that Zara provides the best jean shorts for me, as the fit, length, and color are exactly what I look for. 

Foam Trucker Hat

Trucker hats are becoming fashionable and I am kind of here for it! I am going to be honest, I was once a hater of the now popular style, as I primarily associated it with truck drivers, seeing no fashion sense in them. But after time and careful consideration, I have grown to admire such a bold trend making its appearance in today’s fashion. So say goodbye to a basic baseball cap, and say hello to a stylish printed and colored foam trucker hat.

Tote Bag

Who needs a backpack that hurts your shoulders after 20 minutes, and makes you look like the HunchBack of Notre Dam, when you can use a tote bag instead? Picture this, you are walking down to the farmer’s market or beach with a tote bag in hand, ready to take on the world. I put all of my necessities for the day in my tote bag, adding to my look rather than diminishing my style.

Minimalist Jewelry

Jewelry has the ability to make or break an outfit. That is why less is more. A simple chunky gold hoop earring with two gold chain necklaces is usually enough. I find that Madewell offers the best jewelry for a fair price. It sells classic gold jewelry, in addition to some unique dangle earring pieces you cannot find anywhere else. 

As we enter a new season, we also enter a new era of fashion inspiration and possibilities. I dare you to step out of your comfort zone and wear something you do not normally wear. You might surprise yourself and discover a whole new part of your style. Happy shopping!

CPL Sections CLOTHING?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team
I am a third year at UC Davis majoring in Communication and double minoring in Technology Management and Psychology. In my free time I enjoy playing sports, traveling, going to Trader Joes, and watching New Girl on repeat.