Andi Vilaboy: Leading Tri Delta and Saving Lives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Chances are, you probably know who Andi Vilaboy is – especially if you’re one of the 149 members of Tri Delta at UC Davis because she’s, well, your president. Described as “passionate” by her Little, Alexis Julien, it’s easy to see how Andi has accomplished so much. And, being one of the kindest and most hardworking people on campus, it’s no surprise Andi has left such a mark on everyone around her.

Name: Andi Vilaboy

Year: Senior

Major: Human Development with an emphasis on Child Development; Pre-Nursing

Hometown: San Diego, CA

Why did you decide to join Tri Delta?

I joined Tri Delta because I felt like I could be myself – it felt like home. I wanted to find a community in Davis that would provide me with family, love, and support, all of which I found in Tri Delta. I also knew that the networking opportunities would be beneficial in the future and that the leadership opportunities would challenge me to become the best version of myself. I wanted to be a part of something bigger than myself, and Tri Delta’s dedication to raising money for children’s cancer research (specifically St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital) allows me to have fun, build character, and give back!

How has your experience as the President of the Tri Delta chapter at UC Davis been?

My experience as the President of Tri Delta has been nothing short of amazing. It has undoubtedly been the most rewarding experience of my entire life. Tri Delta has allowed me to travel the United States, meet incredibly passionate and inspiring women, and learn a lot about myself. Being the President of Tri Delta comes with a lot of long hours and hard work, but I would not trade my experience for the world (and I have my members to thank for that)!

Who is your biggest inspiration?

My biggest inspiration is my father. He was a quadriplegic but always persevered through his handicap – nothing stopped him. He taught me to stay strong, always look for the bright side, and keep moving forward despite obstacles.

Is there a specific “dream job” you hope to pursue after college?

As a pre-nursing student and a Human Development major with an emphasis on child development, it is my goal to someday work as an RN in a children’s hospital. My absolute dream job would be to be a nurse at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. In that way I could both continue to give back to St. Jude (as a Tri Delta) and fulfill my career dreams.

What’s your favorite thing about Davis?

I love the atmosphere. Everyone is so friendly and is passionate about something – whether that be the environment, animals, their major, Greek Life, etc. It’s also a small college town, so I always feel safe, whether that be on a day-to-day basis just walking to class or when I’m out at night on the weekends! It’s also fantastic to see the town/community involvement with campus. Davis is just an all-around nice place to be.

What is your proudest accomplishment?

Wow, this is a tough one. There are so many things that I am proud to have accomplished and been a part of, but I have to say that I’m proudest of fulfilling my duties as a member of Tri Delta. Specifically, as our Philanthropy Chair last year I led our chapter in raising $30,000 for St. Jude – a $3,000 increase from the year prior. Additionally, as President of Tri Delta, I’ve learned how to lead an organization and group of women to be inspirational, philanthropic, and strong individuals. I also learned a lot about myself in the process! In short, I am proudest of being a Tri Delta.

Top three things you’re passionate about: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, having a positive outlook on life, and challenging myself.

Celebrity crush: Chris Hemsworth

Favorite food: Chicken strips and fries

TV show you’re watching right now: Grey’s Anatomy!

Spirit animal: Corgi

Nikki is a fourth year UC Davis student double majoring in English and Communication, and minoring in Professional Writing. Her passions include: puppies, Harry Styles, and Coke ICEEs. She thoroughly enjoys proofreading and hopes to somehow make a career out of it.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!