Aggie Traditions: UC Davis Resolutions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.
It’s a New Year, and most of us have already made a list of our New Year’s Resolutions. A resolution that you may have as a student of UC Davis is to experience more of our wonderful school and what it has to offer. This resolution is one to keep, and it is so easy and fun to do! 

A great way to keep track of your UC Davis exploration is by using an app called “Aggie Traditions.”This app is available on the App Store. ASUCD Creative Media and the Cal Aggie Alumni Center created an app that allows any Aggie to document and plan their experiences. There are 50 traditions listed that are said to define UC Davis and the student experience. There are also updates and new traditions added over time.

The app challenges you to complete all 50 traditions before graduation. You can begin the challenge by registering your email on the app. If you complete them all, you receive a medallion to wear at graduation showing that you are a “UC Davis Aggie Tradition Keeper.”

The app has delightful icons for each tradition. When you tap an image, the app shows you a detailed description of an event to attend, a right of passage to experience, or an adventure that you can complete on our campus. Once you have completed one, there is an option to take a picture and register and record its completion.

Certain annual events like the Homecoming Pajamarino and Picnic Day can be linked from the app to your phone calendar. This way you can schedule and set reminders to complete your traditions. This app is an excellent guide to experiences that are specific and special to UC Davis. Make a resolution to experience the best of our amazing university. Invite your friends to join in with you and even create your own traditions.
Happy New Year from all of us at Her Campus UC Davis! Let’s make this year the best one yet!
Kirsten is an English and Communications double major and Professional Writing minor at UC Davis. She enjoys drinking tea, rereading Bridget Jones's Diary, and making Harry Potter references in casual conversation. She loves untranslatable words, Shakespearean insults, and Helen Mirren. After graduation, she hopes to find a job that makes her happy and own an extensive mug collection.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!