This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

How can we tell if we are in love or not? It is one thing to like the person we are dating and it is an entirely different thing to be in love. Being in love makes people act, feel, and think a certain type of way. We all express and feel love differently, but there are a few tell-tale signs that you may be in love with your significant other. Here are some of the most common indicators that you are, in fact, in love.

1. You think about this person all the time

This person is on your mind 24/7. You think about them when you wake up in the morning and when you are ready to go to bed at the end of the night. You wonder how they are doing and miss them when they are busy. You think about good memories with this person and about fun activities that the two of you can do together in the near future.

2. You think the two of you are compatible

Believing that you and this person are compatible is an almost definite sign that you are in love. You can see yourself thriving with this person in your life, and you believe that this person adds to your life in positive ways. The two of you work together well, and you balance each other out. 

Image Source: Pexels

3. You envision a future with this person

You believe that you are so compatible with this person that you also believe the two of you can have a successful future together. All of your future plans include this person, such as moving in together or getting married. You don’t question whether or not this person will continue to be a part of your life, and you know that you want this person to stick around. 

4. You genuinely care about this person’s well-being 

You want to make this person feel happy and well. You worry when they are sick and you comfort them when they are sad. You are interested in their likes and dislikes and are there for them at all times. You enjoy spending quality time with them, complimenting them, and surprising them. 

5. You give them their space 

While you enjoy spending time with this person, you are also able to allow them their own personal space. You don’t get jealous when they hang out with their friends and you want them to have fun. You want them to grow as an individual, to achieve their dreams, and to not hold them back in the process.

Image Source: Pexels

6. You prioritize them

We are all busy people, but we know what to prioritize. This person is always on the top of your list, and you make sure to designate time for them no matter how busy you may be. When they need you, you are always there for them.

7. You care about them no matter what

To you, this person is imperfectly perfect, and you know that no matter what, you will love them. You may not agree on everything, but despite the disagreements, you still care for them deeply and want what’s best for the both of you.

8. You inspire each other to be the best versions of yourselves

You add to each other’s lives in positive ways and encourage each other to be better. You want to be the best version of yourself for them and vice versa. You are proud of each other when you accomplish your goals and you push the other person to face challenges.

Being in love is a special feeling that bonds two people closer together. Thinking about a person, caring about their well-being, and inspiring them to be the best they can be are a few signs that you are in love. We all express love in different ways, but these are a few indicators that you may be in love. If you recognize yourself in this article, embrace the love that you feel and appreciate it, because love does not come around all of the time.

Hannah is studying Communications and Professional Writing at UC Davis. She is eager to share her experiences and lifestyle tips and tricks to motivate and inspire her peers to lead a healthy, balanced life! In her free time, Hannah enjoys playing with her dog, singing, and grabbing bubble tea with friends!