7 Perfect Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

1. Mail for Mom

She’ll be reminded every month how much you love her with a subscription to one of her favorite magazines, such as Real Simple or Food Network Magazine

2. Spa Escape

It’s not something she would often do for herself, so give your mom a special treat this year and purchase a voucher online for an appointment at her local salon/spa. If you aren’t able to relax and unwind with her, she can bring a few gal-pals or opt for some much needed alone time. She deserves it!

3. At the Doorstep

Another great option for those of us far away from home this Mother’s Day. Subscribe to a local grocery or CSA service – she’ll be loving the fresh fruits and veggies arriving to the door, saving her time and money.

Or try here, so Mom can “wine down” after a long day.

4. “Brunch Time” Decisions 

Mother’s Day is days away -yikes! It’s most definitely crunch time. Why not make it brunch time? If you’re able to spend time with Mom for the special day, impress her with this easy Kraft recipe that looks and tastes like it’s right from a gourmet brunch menu.

5. Favorite Fragrances

Know she is running out of her favorite perfume? Re-stock her go-to fragrance. Or looking for something new? Go with something classic, like Daisy by Marc Jacobs ($76.00, 1.7 fl. oz bottle)

6. Film Fanatic 

Plan a “girl’s night out” to see one of the latest box office hits like “Age of Adaline”, which will touch the hearts of mothers and daughters alike. Can’t make it the movies with her this weekend? Here’s another idea: Order a Netflix subscription so she can enjoy her favorites anytime she likes. 

7. Put It On Paper

Sometimes a simple, heartfelt sentiment can mean the most of all to our moms. Show how much you appreciate her by creating your very own custom card, with a throwback photo or favorite memory. She will treasure it for years to come!

Need more Mother’s Day inspiration?

Check here for tips, recipes, crafts, and more.

Bridget is a second year student at UC Davis with a passion for fashion and writing. She is involved in the Student Fashion Association and hopes that her love for fashion shows through her blog and #OOTD posts. :) She is also a diehard San Francisco Giants fan and enjoys watching baseball, basketball, and football in her free time.
Editor in Chief, UC Davis chapter founder.