6 Ways to Celebrate Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Well ladies, the best, most romantic day of the year is almost upon us: Galentine’s Day!

Galentine’s Day is the ultimate opportunity to celebrate your lady friends and embrace the beauty of the female relationships in your life. Though it often gets overshadowed by Valentine’s Day, it is just as important—if not more—to give love to your friends and partners in crime. This wonderful day of gal pal love falls on February 13th, which is right around the corner!  Get ready to celebrate the ladies who are there for you through the laughs and the tears, who sit with you on the couch all day in your PJ’s, and who love you unconditionally.

And let’s face it, the friend you’re thinking about right now might as well be your S.O., so show them some love this Galentine’s Day.

Amy Poehler is the comedy goddess who brought us this amazing holiday, so in true Leslie Knope fashion, follow these six simple ideas to have a day full of ladies celebrating ladies:

1. Make thoughtful gifts

2. Kick it breakfast style

3. Have a Girls Night Out

4. Have a Girls Night In!

… And watch the best chick flicks

5. Make your friends feel beautiful

6. Tell them you love them

Leslie and Ann have the perfect lady friendship, so let’s all take a page from their book and celebrate each other! Happy Galentine’s Day, readers!

I am a 22 year old senior who enjoys watching Friends with a glass of wine. Currently in the process of figuring out Adulthood. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!