6 Reasons to Look Forward to Fall Quarter at UC Davis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Most of us have been home all summer, and now with a new school year coming around the corner, we are more excited than ever. As the first quarter of the year, fall quarter holds many opportunities of which to take full advantage. Below are six reasons to look forward to the upcoming fall quarter at Davis!

1. Seeing all your friends again

Davis has students from all over the world, which means many of its students haven’t seen their college friends all summer. It is exciting to think that in a matter of a couple weeks we will all be reunited with our best friends, especially because these are the people that make Davis our home away from home.

Source: Giphy

2. Trees changing color

Fall in Davis is absolutely stunning! The numerous trees on campus begin to change color from green to golden yellow and red, celebrating fall’s arrival. I’m from a Southern California town where we don’t get the traditional fall season, so coming to Davis and experiencing the change of colors is a welcome transition to me. It makes biking and walking around campus more enjoyable and helps everyone appreciate the beauty of our campus.

Source: Tumblr

3. Football season

Football games are so fun at Davis! First of all, the Davis stadium is unique. Its grassy end zones offer fans the chance to sit with friends and family, to bring blankets to sit on, or to have a picnic. It really captures the atmosphere of UC Davis.

Secondly, the Davis student body has an insane amount of spirit when it comes to athletics and cheering on our teams. We cheer through the whole game with the help of our fantastic Band-uh! and local community members as well. Go Ags!!

Source: Odyssey

4. Starting new classes

Each quarter gives you a fresh start, especially fall quarter. It is the beginning of a brand-new school year and brand-new classes. Strive for success!

Fall quarter is the best time to begin a good study routine that will hopefully continue throughout the year. Yes, the workloads can be heavy, but you also get to learn new things. Which is why we are all here, right? Take advantage of this and dive into your classes with a positive attitude.

Source: Tenor

5. Rainy days

It rains buckets in Davis. And it all begins in fall quarter. Although I am personally not the biggest fan of the rain, I’m all about making the most of every situation. Don’t let the rain hold you back from going out and having a fun day or night with your friends.

If you don’t feel like encountering the rain, then stay inside, grab a cozy blanket, and have a fun Netflix day. Overall, the rainy days can be fun, depending on what you decide to do with them!

Source: Tenor

6. Meeting new people

Fall quarter is full of new opportunities, and meeting new people is one that every student should embrace with open arms. UC Davis has around 35,000 students, which means there are many people that you can befriend!

College is a special time in our lives and we all want to make an abundant amount of memories we will cherish forever. These memories will be even more special if we get to share them with friends. Don’t be shy. Go out and introduce yourself to new people this quarter because those people could end up being your lifetime best friends.

Source: Pinterest

UC Davis is an outstanding university in a charming community, and there are countless reasons to be excited for fall quarter. Welcome back Aggies!   

Cover image source: Pexels

Courtney is a senior at the University of California Davis where she is earning her degree in Communication, with minor in English. Courtney is a member of Alpha Delta Pi and is from Santa Barbara, CA. She is an avid reader, Netflix and Hulu watcher, beauty enthusiast, and is a big foodie!
Mariana graduated from University of California, Davis in 2018 with bachelor's degrees in English and linguistics. She currently works as an editor for a biotechnology company in Seattle, WA.