This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Walking into the rain and the wind, we are embracing a new winter quarter here. And yes, it’s also time to update your new perfume! Being in cozy sweater weather, you might feel like having a warm, sweet, and comfortable scent. If you walk out without spraying something, you are just, like, naked out there. This is probably an exaggeration, but I have always enjoyed wearing different perfumes for different holidays, seasons, parties, or other situations. So, read on to see why perfume could be amazing.

1. Boost your morale

Dabbing ourselves with fragrances will help build our confidence in social situations. Perfume could work just like perfect makeup, a cute dress, or a fancy necklace. We would feel like talking more and interacting more with the people around us. We have more guts to encounter any challenges in a day.

2. Increase your exposure

Who’s that cute girl coming over with a pleasant aroma? Imagine you are walking by with a characteristic smell, isn’t that exciting? Besides good scent, a well-chosen perfume could be catchy and attractive to the world around you. People are first enchanted by the fragrance even without having glanced your face, which leads to a good first impression as an elegant lady. And the conversation usually begins … :)

3. It’s good for mental health

A lasting E.D.P (Eau de Parfum), which girls usually spray on their necks, wrists and scarves, has a faint sweet smell and is not strong enough to be annoying. It could lift up your emotions, leaving you upbeat and hyped all day long. Feeling the breeze that carries along your perfume, you are chill and relaxed with such a satisfactory atmosphere.

4. Reflect your soul

Every bottle of perfume has its own uniqueness. What we wish to smell like to others represents who we are. A fragrance could imply our flexible identity, including age, personality, gender, or attitude. For example, middle-aged women would have a completely different selection from teens. We could decide upon the mood and the environment to pick out our favorite aroma as well. If you are frustrated today, grab a sweet and energetic fragrance; or try a rose-like or wood one when you are down for peace and grace.

5. The scent

It could be that simple.

Perfume is our best friend for covering that stinky smell, like when you happen to have a little body odor, have sweat in the gym, or have indulged in a heavy and oily feast in rich sauces. A pleasant and fresh smell can make our day.

High five if you are also a big fan of perfume!

Yishan is a recent graduate majored in Communication at UC Davis. She is down to basically anything fun and looking for creativity here at Her Campus. Now she has started her journey of grad school at both LSE and USC. She would like to pursue a career at PR, marketing, or advertising after graduation.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!