This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

I’ve always been a huge fan of NYX. It’s affordable, has amazing quality, and best of all, it’s cruelty-free. When I came across the NYX store this weekend, I couldn’t pass it up. I checked out some new products and revisited some of my favorites. Here are some that I have repurchased many times and absolutely swear by:

NYX Vinyl Liquid Liner

Not only is this liner easy to work with, the color payoff is amazing. The liner leaves a glossy finish and has that “always wet” look I adore. I’ve always repurchased this in black, but it comes in many different colors as well. 

NYX Dolleye Mascara

For length and tons of volume, I love the NYX Dolleye Mascara. It helps enliven my lashes and it’s a great cruelty-free alternative to the Covergirl LashBlast Mascara. It’s also comparable to Two Faced’s Better Than Sex Mascara and easier on my wallet. 

NYX  HD Finishing Powder

I love sweeping this across my nose and cheekbones to help prevent shininess and to blend my look together. It’s great for those days when you have to wear your makeup all day and want to ensure that your face stays fresh. It’s also super convenient to touch up throughout the day because you don’t have to worry about color matching. The silica powder absorbs oil on your face and doesn’t leave any weird residue. It’s great for anyone with an oily T-zone.

NYX Liquid Suede in Kitten Heels

This is a classic go-to red that is in between a lip gloss and a lipstick. It applies as a gloss, yet has the matte qualities of a lipstick. The color payoff is excellent and I’ve swatched this on various skin tones with it looking bold and flawless on each one. 

NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Beauty Mark

I’ve heard these are comparable to the colors in the Kylie Jenner Lip Kit. Personally, I haven’t tried those shades out, but I experimented with some of the nudes by NYX and I couldn’t get enough. They apply like a gloss and dry to a lovely matte finish. The shade I fell in love with was Beauty Mark. It reminded me of a throwback to the 90s era of brown lips and bronze skin. It’s definitely a struggle to find a nude that flatters a darker skin tone, but this line definitely has more of a selection than I have seen from most companies. 

Hey everyone! My name is Chandni and I first came to Davis as a transfer student. Now that I'm in my final year, I've learned a lot about campus life in a really short amount of time. I'm an economics and psychology major and I love animals! I love meeting new people, so if you ever see me around, come over and say hi! :)
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!