This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

The start of spring quarter marks the beginning of the best time of the year; a time where everyone feels the urge to blow their money on bathing suits (it’s not just me, right?). This spring season, you can save money and invest in original and well-made pieces with the five brands below!

1. Zaful

The most underrated cheap-y place to buy a bikini on a budget. Where else can you buy a set for less than $20 total? The material quality varies but the reviews are accurate and the size guide is beyond helpful. This site is ideal for designer knockoffs and sale steals, which come in handy for spring quarter pool vibes and houseboats! Although the site looks questionable, it’s not, and shipping only takes a week-ish.

2. Nasty Gal

We love supporting a girl boss, and Nasty Gal founder Sophia Amoruso is an incredible example. Nasty Gal has a great selection of unique and trendy pieces and the swimwear line is no exception. If you’re on the hunt for a fun, patterned bikini or a trendy, high-waisted suit, this site is for you! Plus, they have great sales and often sell everything for over half off.

3. Midori

Pricier, but worth it. With classic Hawaiian island vibes, these patterned suits are cheeky and can be mixed and matched with ease. Keep an eye on their sale section if you’re hesitant to pay full price!

4. Blackbough

I found this brand on my explore page one day and have recommended it to everyone I know since then. These suits are well made and thick, yet form-fitting and flattering. And unlike most lines, they offer a varying range of coverage for bottoms. These suits are harder to return (as there is no free return policy in place) so make sure you read the size guide thoroughly or try on a friend’s!

5. rhythm.

This line features beautifully patterned suits that come in a wide variety of styles. This brand is fun because they offer suits that are a little unexpected and you’ll be less likely to accidentally twin with a stranger. These suits are well made and affordable.

Josephine is a fourth year at the University of California Davis, where she is studying Sociology. In her free time, she enjoys picnics at the Davis Farmers Market and watching Friends. She is planning on pursuing a career in writing and hopes to be actively involved in the political realm after graduating. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!