This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

1. Tinted moisturizer

Ditch your foundation for a lighter alternative! Tinted moisturizers and BB creams are able to give you the coverage of a foundation without feeling heavy or greasy on your skin. BB creams in particular have added skincare benefits with sun protection, which makes it the perfect all-in-one product for your spring and summer beauty routine. Try NARS’ Tinted Moisturizer or Tarte’s Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer for flawless skin that looks natural!

2. Sun protection

Speaking of sun protection— use a moisturizer with SPF 25 or above! Although other beauty products such as primers and foundations may have an SPF included, it is not as effective as using a moisturizer with sunscreen. Protecting your skin from the sun is vital in order to combat premature aging and sun spots that are much more damaging (even if you’re in your 20s) than you may think.

3. Mascara. Lots of mascara.

Part of keeping your makeup fresh and simple during spring means going easy on color products, especially on your eyes. If you’re going to use one product on your eyes though, I’d recommend mascara. A lengthening, waterproof mascara will provide subtle definition to your eyes and make them pop! Loreal’s Telescopic Mascara and Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara are two of our favorites.

4. Cream blush

If you haven’t discovered cream blushes yet, you’re missing out. Powder blushes tend to look more pigmented on the skin, yet, tend to wear off more easily in the warmer months of the year. Products such as the NYX Cosmetics Stick Blush or the NARS multiple will last much longer and make your cheeks look naturally glowy!

5. Translucent powder

Say hello to your new BFF: translucent powder. Even if you’re not the oily skin type, we all tend to get oily around our T-zone throughout the day. If you do choose to wear a light foundation for a special occasion (summer weddings are right around the corner), translucent powders will make your makeup last longer without adding any extra coverage! We love Laura Mercier’s Translucent Powder, which is definitely a cult favorite in the online beauty community! Blotting sheets and powders, which you can easily stash in your purse, are another option to combat oiliness.

Varsha is currently a senior at UC Davis double majoring in Communication and Sociology. A Bay Area native, she relishes any opportunity to visit the beach and explore cities big and small. As an avid reader and writer, she hopes to utilize her passion for storytelling through a future career in PR. She is a self-proclaimed foodie and always enjoys a good cup of coffee. You can find her writing poems on the quad, reporting stories for AggieTV and daydreaming in the Arboretum, figuring out life as a 22 year old. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!