This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Ever had the feeling that you’re broke and could use some more money? Well, you’re not alone. The struggle to have a steady flow of money as a college student is well known. Here are a couple ideas to rack up some extra cash:

1. Uber

I mean, who hasn’t heard of Uber? This well-known car service enables drivers to work on their own time to earn money. For a college student, this is a great opportunity to make money on your own schedule. Got finals or a midterm coming up? No worries, you don’t have to work! The flexibility of a service like Uber enables college students to earn cash easily and with minimum hassle.

2. Garage Sale     

Although it might seemed old-fashioned, a garage sale is a great way to sell off the old junk you’ve been gathering in your closet. If having a physical garage sale is not your taste, there are plenty of online mediums such as Poshmark and Material World that allow you to list your belongings online for certain prices and let people from your immediate community and all over the country look at your items. With minimum investment, you can earn money for things you already have!

3. Selling Textbooks

As college students, not having textbooks is seldom a problem. The issue is a lack of motivation to get rid of them after they have been bought and used for the quarter. Selling books you don’t need is an easy way to get plenty of money! Although you won’t get a 100% return back on your investment, the money you can earn by reselling is definitely worth it! There are plenty of options for listing your books online; you can use Amazon, Chegg, and the most popular option, your university’s Facebook group specifically meant for reselling books.

4. Take Surveys!

Yes! There are businesses out there that will actually pay you to take surveys for them. Services like Swagbucks require an individual to initially create an account from which they can start taking surveys from. The best part is that this can all be done at your convenience! Whether it be while lounging on the couch or sitting at a Starbucks procrastinating, this is a great way to earn some extra money with minimal effort.

Earning some extra cash isn’t as hard as you might think. All it requires is a little bit of effort, and you’ll be on your way to more money in no time!

None of the images/gifs used belong to the author or Her Campus UC Davis.

Disha is a 3rd year student at the University of California Davis pursuing a major in Genetics and Genomics with a minor in writing. When not studying, she enjoys updating her blog, cooking new food, and binge watching Grey's Anatomy.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!