This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Disclaimer: this is not an ad for any company mentioned in the article.

It’s that time of the year again! In celebration of pride month, the whole market is adapting its marketing strategies and promoting new products to support the LGBTQ+ community. While some brands focus on appearance, we as consumers have to recognize the businesses that will give back to society in the end. Based on my personal experience, here are 4 companies that do the most to show support for non-profit organizations for the LGBTQ+ community.

Two people wearing LGBTQ pride flags
Photo by Mercedes Mehling from Unsplash

1. Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch is a Trevor Rainbow Partner and gives funding to the organization, contributing a total of over 1 million dollars. The money from A&F is thereby devoted to empowering young adults in the community and launching new products affiliated with LGBTQ+ elements every year. Beyond the endless financial support, A&F itself stands as an evergreen fashion icon based in New York. For this season, A&F put out a manufacturing line filled with items ranging from perfumes and shirts to bandanas. The designs are all labeled as gender-inclusive with rainbow hearts and tie-dye styles.

2. Netflix

Needless to say, Netflix has always gained fame for the inclusiveness of race, age, and now sexuality. Whether it is a mainstream TV show or an LGBTQ-themed series, Netflix has blown the horn in the filming industry. One of the hit TV shows, Sex Education, has introduced several gay and lesbian characters to the audience and has denied some stereotypes for the community. Queer Eye, furthermore, has set five gay men as the experts to give out professional styling advice. Netflix also partnered with Trevor Project and has contributed fundamentally to their funding. Their active investment in streaming and filming LGBTQ-friendly content brings the audience to a more accepting and tolerant world.

3. Morphe

Last year, the cosmetics company launched a PRIDE collection of beauty products called “Free to Be”, and invited LGBTQ+ students to enhance their publicity. Their collaboration with GLSEN is to help create safe and supportive school environments for K-12 students. Morphe donated “100% of net proceeds” from the Pride collection to GLSEN and will use the press surrounding its release to amplify authentic voices in the LGBTQ+ community.

Rainbow Bagel
Anna Thetard / Her Campus

4. Third Culture Bakery

As a business operated by a gay couple from an Asian background, the store’s name could not convey more uniqueness beyond that. They have been viral on social media because of their delicious mochi muffins. The owner also has been actively giving back to the community by engaging with non-profit organizations, such as the Trevor Project and San Francisco AIDS. They also decided to distribute safety kits for Asian kids to avoid possible threats during the pandemic. Fun fact: it is based in the Bay Area, so definitely give it a try while helping LGBTQ+ fellows out!

For the upcoming pride month, we can expect more amazing merch and services from these companies. If you’re one of the people asking yourself what else you can do to help the LGBTQ+ community, you can start here: shop businesses that support LGBTQ+!

Yishan is a recent graduate majored in Communication at UC Davis. She is down to basically anything fun and looking for creativity here at Her Campus. Now she has started her journey of grad school at both LSE and USC. She would like to pursue a career at PR, marketing, or advertising after graduation.