4 of the Comfiest Lounge Spaces on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

For many UC Davis students, coffee shops and Shields library are go-to study spots when it’s time to cram for midterms and finals. But there’s only so many hours you can spend sitting in those rickety, uncomfortable wooden chairs (sorry, Mishka’s) before you wind up daydreaming about a massage at the Student Health and Wellness Center. Give your achy back a break and check out these study spots that double as lounge spaces!

Wall Main and Tercero Main

This study area for the freshmen of Tercero are complete with wall outlets, assorted comfy couches, and plenty of study space for you to work on group projects. Upperclassmen should not shy away from using this study room to their advantage; the rooms are almost always completely silent (with Wall Main being slightly noisier) and Trudy’s convenience store is a step-and-a-half away.

Women’s Resource and Research Center (WRRC) in North Hall

The welcoming atmosphere of the WRRC is what makes it a fantastic place for women and non-gender binary identifying individuals to relax in. It’s complete not only with a calming lounge space and friendly faces, but free pads and tampons if you are ever in need. Plus, its central location next to the quad means you’ll never be far from your classes if you need a break in between a hectic day.

The ARC

When I tell people I often take study breaks at the ARC, a confused glance is usually thrown my way, as most people see its main purpose as a way to get endorphins pumping at the gym. However, between the armchairs in Starbucks and the cushioned seats that line the hallway toward the ARC ballroom, there’s plenty of opportunity to take a moment to relax between classes. Plus, seeing all the people getting their sweat on may be a source of motivation to replenish yourself with a workout!

The CoHo…at Night

Being so central to campus, it’s almost expected that the CoHo would make this list. Although, during the day it can be far from relaxing as you try to snag a table near an outlet or share a table with four friends. After 6 PM, however, the CoHo begins to wind down and can be rather relaxing. The booths and square tables leading into the Marketplace are my favorite for when it’s time to sit with a hot tea and take a well-deserved internet-surfing break after a long day of classes. (Also, shout out to whoever makes the CoHo music playlist – it’s always on point!)

*None of these images belong to the author or Her Campus.

Elizabeth is a Nutrition in Public Health major and active member of Alpha Chi Omega. She joined HerCampus as a creative outlet amongst all of her science classes. With her remaining 3 years at UC Davis, she hopes to take a selfie with a squirrel, successfully nap in a quad hammock, become a Cal Aggie Camp counselor (✔), study abroad in Japan, and finish all the Aggie Traditions.  You can find her at the CoHo, heaphones blasting a hip-hop playlist to study to, with books and and vanilla latte keeping her company. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!