This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

I turned 23 in February and I found myself being very reflective of my year as a 22-year-old. Personally, I learned so many things about myself and crossed many obstacles this year! It was a year of absolute growth, love, and reflection. I am blessed to have gone through the year of 22 and to be alive. To put it short and simple, here are 22 things I learned at 22.

Image source: Pexels

1. Relationships of all kind are stimulated by your ability to grow with one another.

2. There is a great strength in being able to admit to yourself that it’s okay to be weak.

3. Being nice is underrated.

4. I learned to love myself and to love my body. Oh, and I love my hair.

5. Eyebrows are a very important part of your face.

6. I learned to stop beating myself up over things.

7. The feeling of falling in love is a feeling, but staying in love is a commitment

8. Instead of getting angry at someone for disagreeing with you, stop and educate them.

9. Glasses are kind of like shoes. You can never have more than one pair on, so get a bunch.

10. Lip balm matters and so does facial moisturizer.

11. It’s okay to outgrow others but that doesn’t mean you get to forget that they were once part of your life.

12. The Office is the funniest show I have ever seen.

13. Vitamin C is an important thing to add to your every day skin care routine. So is sunblock.

14. Womxn are powerful. I am proud to be a part of this powerful, uplifting community.

15. Love is there; you just have to stop looking for it. It’ll come when you’re ready.

16. Take responsibility for the things you’re accountable for. Especially the times when you know you are wrong.

17. French macarons, although Instagram worthy, are some of the hardest concoctions you can bake. I would know as I made about 200 of them this year alone.

18. It’s okay to like overrated things. It’s okay to like trendy things. You aren’t basic for it.

19. If you have textured hair, do yourself a favor and get a wide tooth comb.

20. Lip gloss is where it’s at, people!!!

21. Pain is very, very temporary, but you need to go through it in order to become a better person.

22. Life doesn’t always have to be about deep, meaningful life lessons. Sometimes, the everyday mundane tasks/steps you do are lessons within themselves even if the lesson is small.

Image source: Pexels

Hi I'm Jackie! I'm a fourth year transfer student majoring in Communication and English. I'm a big advocate of the body positive moment and learning to measure your life in love!
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!