This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Davis can get pretty hot during spring quarter and summer, so here are some ways to keep your cool!

1. Hydrate hydrate hydrate

Keep drinking cold water throughout the day to stay cool and healthy. If you want to maximize the cool temperature, chew minty gum while drinking.

2. Sleep with a fan three inches from your face

Make sure there’s protection around the fan so you don’t accidentally hit yourself in the face with the blades.

3. Lay in the empty Rec Pool and let your tears of sadness cool you off

I’m not sure why spring was the best time to redo the Rec Pool, but that’s what someone decided upon.

4. Bike as fast as you can around campus to create your own personal wind tunnel

Don’t stop until the sun sets.

5. Tell your significant other that all physical contact is postponed until fall

6. Don’t turn on your oven to cook. Instead, look to ice cream, popsicles, and shaved ice for all your dinner needs

7. Bring your floaties to the arboretum and river float with your friends

Watch out for turtles, ducks, and otters.

8. Ask the Coho for their leftover ice and lay in it

You’ll be cool in no time!

9. Put a wet paper towel around yourself and find a fridge you can walk into

It works on drinks, why wouldn’t it work on humans?

10. Leave Davis

Sasha is a 4th year at UC Davis majoring in American Studies and Communication with a minor in Chicano Studies. She also is on the Davis Club Water Polo team and in her spare time enjoys reading, tagging friends in memes, making friends that have dogs, and making Spotify playlists.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!