You’re Almost Done…Not Really: First Years

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

After two months, more than 700 undergraduate first years will be completing, well their first year at UCR. They will then be moving on to being second years and getting one step closer to graduating and entering the real world. Here are some thoughts from current first years about the things they like about the University of California, Riverside. 

“One thing I like about UCR is how diverse this campus is.” -Moises Garcia, First Year Biology Major

“One of the reasons why I came to UCR was because I enjoy sunny weather. “ -Gabriel Benin, First Year Biochemistry Major

“One thing I like about UCR is that there are a lot of events that cater to all types of people so no one feels left out.” -Rehan Ahmed. First -Year Biology Major

“I feel like no matter how beautiful the campus is, it is nothing without the people and we have both.” -Chris Elyas, First -Year Biology Major

“One thing I like about UCR is the friendliness of the people. No matter how different we are, we’re still family.” -Shanthini Srinivasan, First -Year Biology Major

“I like how coming to a diverse university opens up pathways to learn about different cultures.” -Stephanie Torres, First -Year Sociology Major

“One thing I like about UCR is the opportunity to live independently and to face my challenges.” -Cherry Huang, First -Year Biology Major

“One thing I like about UCR is the professors. They are very interactive, engaging, and they know the material before coming to class.” -Alisha Doshi, First-Year Cell, Molecular, Developmental Biology Major

“One thing I like about UCR is the size of the campus. It is not too big or small. Size is good enough for me to be familiar with all the buildings and run into people I know.” -Katherine Han, First-Year Media and Cultural Studies Major

“One thing I like about UCR is that it is smack in the middle of so many places, museums, cute stores, etc.. And it’s a little ways away from the San Diego Zoo, Disneyland, and all these fun and popular locations. It just comforts me that I’m surrounded by all these wonderful places when I’m in Riverside.” -Jennifer Cheim, First-Year Undeclared

Just wanted to say congrats to the multitude of first years that will be done with their first year at UCR and moving forward with their education in order to make a future for themselves!

Unnati Gandhi

UC Riverside

I am a first-year Biology major at the University of California, Riverside.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside