Upcoming Music Festivals that Won’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Coachella out of your budget? Here are some more music festivals that won’t break your bank, or require a costly plane ticket to fly to the other side of the country!

Outside Lands

When: August 9-11, 2013

Where: Golden Gate Park in San Francisco

Price: General Admission 3-day tickets go for $250 on the website

Lineup: Paul McCartney, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kaskade, Phoenix, Emeli Sandé, Zedd, Vampire Weekend, Nine Inch Nails, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, D’Angelo, The National, Jurassic 5, Willie Nelson & Family, Grizzly Bear, Surfer Blood, A-Trak, Foals, Youth Lagoon, Dillon Francis, Anuhea, Chromatics, and many more.

Other Info: Designed with the eco-friendly movement in mind, Outside Lands is in its sixth year of the annual festival. It also has a sports lounge and arcades. This festival also focuses on food and wine, with sections designated as “Wine Land” and “Beer land” and plenty of top San Francisco food venues and food trucks to go around.

Vans Warped Tour

When and Where: This annual tour can be found all over the US, but will be California at these times:

June 19 at Sleep Train Ampitheatre in San Diego, CA

June 20-21 at Pomona Fairplex in Pomona, CA

June 22  at Shoreline Ampitheatre in Mountain View, CA

Price: #30-45 for a single day

Lineup: We Came As Romans, Motion City Soundtrack, Sleeping With Sirens, The Wonder Years, Bring Me The Horizon, Reel Big Fish, Crown The Empire, The Story So Far Crizzly, Outasight, Wallpaper. and Stephan Jacobs  and many more

Other Info: The tour started off showcasing punk rock music and extreme sports in 1995, but has since grown to include many other genres such as hip-hop, rock, and house music. Sponsored by the popular brand Vans, it includes competitions for skateboarding and biking, with half pipes and skate parks inside.

Spring Splash

When: May 4th, 2013 from 2-7 PM

Where:  The Bell Tower at University of California, Riverside

Price: Free to UCR Undergraduate students! Guests can purchase tickets for $15

Lineup: 2 Chainz, Rick Ross, Ab-Soul and Walk the Moon

Other Info: Probably the most affordable of them all, Spring Splash is a great time to check out student orgs, listen to great music, and show off that Coachella-inspired outfit you’ve been envisioning. Put on by UCR’s Associate Students Program Board ASPB, Spring Splash is one of the three annual free concerts to UCR students.

Stephanie Fong

UC Riverside

Stephanie Fong is a second year Pre-Business major at the University of California Riverside. She discovered her love for journalism while writing for her high school newspaper. She is also the Director of Electronic Communications and a proud member of UCR's Delta Gamma. This adventure-seeking, cardio-kickboxing food-lover can't wait to share her stories with you!
UC Riverside

UC Riverside