Teresa Maldonado

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Get to know the lovely, Teresa!

Hometown:

Long Beach, CA

Year:

I’m a fourth year! Graduating in June! (woooh class of 2014!)

Major/Minor (if any):

Sociology/Law and Society

Current Obsessions:

D.I.Y. projects(I love to craft), Bob’s Burgers and my cute 2 year old nephew

Relationship Status: 

Taken by a charming gent<3

Favorite Book/Movie/TV Show?

The Alchemist/ Edward Scissor Hands/ The Office

Are you in any current clubs on campus? How did you get involved?

Yes, I am in Omega Zeta Chi the first and only community service sorority on campus. Some of my friends told me about it and I became interested in it because I have been passionate about community service since I was in High School. 

What is the best advice you have ever been given?

Take all the opportunities that are given to you. Stop saying “maybe next time” there may not be a next time, do it now! and of course I have to make a Mean Girls reference “Don’t let the haters stop you from doin’ your thang”-Kevin G

What would you say to your 14 year old self?

Enjoy being a teen while it lasts and take more chances!  (ps. don’t let your BFF bleach your hair)

What kind of legacy do you want to leave at UCR?

hmm this is a hard question. I hope to one day be able to give back to this beautiful campus that gave so much to me . I am a first generation college student and this place has really become my home for the last 4 years. I hope that I am able to help other students who will also be the first to go to college attend great universities, like UCR!

Where do you hope to be in 5 years?

I hope to have my Masters in counseling and be a high school counselor living somewhere in the East coast with an adorable Pomeranian pup. I also hope to have traveled to some of the countries on my bucket list by then!

Daisy E Soto

UC Riverside

Born and raised in sunny California. Daisy would learn the ancient ways of the 'valley girl.' she would go on to graduate from an unknown high school in Fontana and move to Riverside to study with the highlanders. She is in a committed relationship with her English bulldog, Toby and her television. Daisy idolizes authors such as John Green, Jane Austen, and Susan Elizabeth Phillips and hopes she can be a speck as brilliant as they are in the future.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside